Display doesn't shut down while calling

amar7

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

my display doesn't shut down when I call, I tested the sensor with the Samsung checking tool and it's working, what can I do to solve this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try opening the Phone app, tap Menu>Settings>Call Settings, and look for an option to Turn Off Screen During Calls.

amar7

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Try opening the Phone app, tap Menu>Settings>Call Settings, and look for an option to Turn Off Screen During Calls.

I can't find this option, what can I do? (I have Android 5.0) help me please, this is so annoying, everytime I get a call, buttons get pressed and sometimes the phone call hangs off.

And I prefer not to install a third party app for this, usually native, function.

Last edited:

amar7

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
this is all that I see...weird

lSCETwM.png

R30EaS2.png

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
They spelled "Dialing" wrong on that last screenshot. Are you certain you have a genuine S5, and not a clone or knockoff? What model number is listed in Settings>About Phone?

amar7

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
They spelled "Dialing" wrong on that last screenshot. Are you certain you have a genuine S5, and not a clone or knockoff? What model number is listed in Settings>About Phone?

SM-G900F and I'm fairly sure it's a genuine device.
Why is the option is missing in my device, when it was working fine before?

edit: I just tested it again with a missed call and now it seems to be working after restarting the device, hmmmm I hope this time it stays like this. and btw, dialling is spelled right in UK English!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
To test the Proximity Sensor.

Dial *#0*# into the dial pad, to bring up the service menu. Select, "Sensor". This will diplay all the phone's sensors. Now wave your hand an inch above the top right hand of the phone. If the phone's display turns green, your sensor is working correctly. If not, it is time for a repair.

"Dialling", is the correct Queen's English spelling as defined by the Oxford English dictionary. "Dialing", is the U.S; or pidgin English, version. ;)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish