Hi, quick question about this phone; does it run smooth, does it respond fast? Answer is clearly yes, but i'd like someone who's been using it for at least 10 months now to answer this. Reviews seem good, but well reviews seem to be good for every phone lol... So how does the phone do?

Main things i'm wondering are these;
    Do apps like Facebook/Instagram/Youtube run smooth? As in not taking 10 seconds to open, no crashing, no random lag while using them?
    Does the phone respond quickly, meaning if i open settings, will it open quickly or with delays? Does pressing the home button while on a browser/YT/FB take you to home quickly, or is there a delay? (Current phone takes 5-6sec)
    How about browser surfing? Is it smooth or laggy?
    Again, i need an answer from a long time Galaxy s5 user, i'm about to buy a yearish old one from a friend, chose it over iPhone cause iOS is kinda meh to me, buuut i guess if this phone doesn't run smooth i'll take the iPhone, got a Galaxy s3 at the moment and i'm close to throwing it in a wall beacuse the lag of this phone, even after factory reset.... Wow.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Keithy2345 likes this.
    11-24-2015 03:43 AM
    Hi, quick question about this phone; does it run smooth, does it respond fast? Answer is clearly yes, but i'd like someone who's been using it for at least 10 months now to answer this. Reviews seem good, but well reviews seem to be good for every phone lol... So how does the phone do?

Main things i'm wondering are these;
    Do apps like Facebook/Instagram/Youtube run smooth? As in not taking 10 seconds to open, no crashing, no random lag while using them?
    Does the phone respond quickly, meaning if i open settings, will it open quickly or with delays? Does pressing the home button while on a browser/YT/FB take you to home quickly, or is there a delay? (Current phone takes 5-6sec)
    How about browser surfing? Is it smooth or laggy?
    Again, i need an answer from a long time Galaxy s5 user, i'm about to buy a yearish old one from a friend, chose it over iPhone cause iOS is kinda meh to me, buuut i guess if this phone doesn't run smooth i'll take the iPhone, got a Galaxy s3 at the moment and i'm close to throwing it in a wall beacuse the lag of this phone, even after factory reset.... Wow.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Hello and welcome to Android Central Markocere!

Which of the 41 models of Samsung Galaxy S5 are you considering getting?

It does make a VERY big difference in the user experience.

See, 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide
    11-24-2015 05:52 AM
    I've had the S5 for about a year now (Verizon) and while it has been a good device, it is quirky. I think a lot of it has to do with Samsung's TouchWiz. If it could run Android natively, without any of the other software, it would be a great phone. However, at this time I am considering either a Nexus 5X or Motorola X Pure.

Ironass is right though, there are big differences depending on which flavor of the S5 you buy. Some are better than others. My Verizon variant is still on 5.0, with 5.1.1 somewhere in the works, while 6.0 is already out...

I will miss the MicroSD slot, IP67 rated housing, and removeable battery though...big perks of the S5
    11-24-2015 11:08 AM
    The biggest qualm I get from majority of my clients that go from iPhone to Android (and the usual reason they go back) is the way iPhone handles Text Messaging and Email.

iMessage is the best in class mobile messenger in my opinion, no doubt. MMS/SMS just doesn't compare anymore. If more folks used Google Hangout/messenger, maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but iPhone users have it good for messaging.

I love iOS Mail app. The stock android app is ugly and annoying IMO. I use apps from google play for mail over the stock interface (Gmail, Outlook, and AOL (Don't judge me...haha, its my junk mail box, had it for ~20 years now))
    11-24-2015 11:11 AM
    I invite you to read my list of gripes about the S5:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...s5-gripes.html
    11-24-2015 11:21 AM