How can I stop my Galaxy S5 screen from turning on in my pocket?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S5 Screen Turning On In Pocket

I have had my S5 for about a month or two now and have been having a problem with the screen waking in my pocket. I'm guessing the home or power button is being pressed which is fine but I need the screen to turn back off in a reasonable amount of time. There is a setting called "Screen timeout" but no "Lock screen timeout" like I used to have on my S3. Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like both the screen timeout and the lock screen timeout are both controlled by this one setting. Just about every 20 minutes I feel my pocket getting hot and sure enough, the screen has been on for who knows how long.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 Screen Turning On In Pocket

what is your screen on time setting? Try lowering it.
Also are you using a case ? Some cases are so tight that it makes the power button very sensitive and can cause it to turn on.

Stephen188

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. My screen timeout is 2 minutes because it annoys me when it turns off while I'm reading something on the internet. I shouldn't have to sacrifice one or the other. There should be two separate settings. No case. Although, I was thinking of buying a case to make the buttons harder to press.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

Well, ever since people started complaining that touchwiz was bloated, Samsung started trimming it down along with options. Personally I loved all the options but what can you do, there were lots of complainers. You're just gonna have to use it as it. I guess getting a case may be your best option.