128mb SD card in Verizon S5 G900V running lollipop 5.0 (this is my first smart phone and i have had it 2 months).
    I see no option to store to the sd card and want to have my pictures and music there. I have used A1 SD Bench to verify the card read write speed and size.
    The phone sees it there when i go to storage.
    It can be viewed via explorer when i usb connect it to my computer.
    The directory on the card when opened shows two folders: Android and Lost.Dir which is empty when opened.
    Android when opened has only a data folder. In the data folder are 9 items and a .nomedia for a total of 10 items.
    I also see a .nomedia file in the phone's data folder with many more folders. Are these OS/Verizon imposed restrictions?
    Is it the .nomedia files that are causing my problems? Can they be deleted and replaced with appropriate folders for music and photos or will they just grow back?
    What are my options to make the SD card more readily available. I have tried re-formatting and un-mounting/ mounting (without removing the card) hoping it will give me a choice somewhere in the various menus. Nothing changed.
    Will the marshmallow upgrade fix this?
    12-05-2015 01:41 PM
    If you go into the camera app and hit the gear icon and scroll down you will find an option to choose SD card or phone for storage. I use a 64GB card. for music when I copied my music off of my PC i created a music folder and put all the files there that seems to work and the music app (Samsung's found the files)

Verizon SM-G900V
    2B0G5 build
    Lollipop 5.0
    12-07-2015 09:45 AM
    Oddly, on the native camera app i can see 16 choices on the grid/menu. I see a scroll bar on the right that i believe should give me additional items, but i cant scroll it with my finger. It just wont move/is locked and i am unable to find a way to unlock it. The same problem is found on my wifes S5.
    Putting files like music on the SD card using my computer works just fine. What i really want now is for the camera and gallery to use the SD card as storage and keep the pics off the internal memory.
    12-08-2015 09:38 AM
    To enable the extra selections in the camera menu, you must first go to the phone... Settings > Easy mode > Standard mode (select) ... before the storage location in camera settings becomes accessible by scrolling.
    12-08-2015 09:51 AM
    I have tried your suggestion regarding easy mode vs standard mode. I tried multiple combinations, enabling some, not all, not enabling any, enabling all and every time i go to the camera settings same thing, can't scroll to the rest of the menu.
    12-08-2015 10:15 AM