WiFi and LTE indicators... why?

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else seen this "issue"? Can someone tell me why it happens? I see this quite regularly and usually can only fix it after turning off WiFi, waiting a few seconds, then turning WiFi back on. It almost seems like when the phone goes to sleep the mobile data stays on (even though I'm connected to a good WiFi signal - and yes, "wifi never sleep" is set in the advanced settings) after it wakes up but also the WiFi is still connected.

I've watched it and every so often the little arrows beneath the "LTE" will blink meaning that mobile data is being consumed.

I'm not so concerned at this point since I have a 6GB data plan, but because it is sporadic (sometimes it's there when WiFi is on, sometimes it's not), it just bugs me...

Screenshot_2015-12-09-11-19-40.png

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I notice that sometimes too on my AT&T network. I think it happens because you are connected to a wifi network but that network might have a crappy internet connection. Your phone stays connected to the wifi (for printing, file sharing, chromecast, etc) but also connects back to the LTE network to gain internet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis