Clean master app has deleted all my pictures, can they be recovered?

A

AC Question

clean master app has deleted all my pictures can they be recovered?

Hi Guys

I hope someone here can help me I installed clean master on my Samsung galaxy s5 which has an additional micro sd 64 GB few weeks ago I got a message on the phone from clean master - you are running low on storage space move pictures to storage card? I selected the yes option and now have lost over 2000 pictures

can anyone help?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: clean master app has deleted all my pictures can they be recovered?

Welcome to the forums. You can possibly try a PC program to recover your files. I have no experience with any of them, so I cannot suggest one over the other.

This idea may or may not work. Typically, once something is deleted in Android, it's gone.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

You have little chance unfortunately but if I were you I would dump CM. THis app certainly compromises your device security

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

Uninstall Clean Master! Never install anything from Cheetah Mobile! Here's why:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=4435166

As for recovering your photos, the odds of success are very slim. There are some apps like DiskDigger, Easeus, Android Recovery, etc that could possibly help. However, they require rooting the phone. Also, the more the phone has been used since deleting files, the poorer the chances of recovery. That's because the chances of the old data - which is actually still there, not erased, but more like marked for deletion - being overwritten increase with use. Then the data really is gone. And rooting itself might overwrite your lost data.

Anyway, if the data has not been overwritten and if you're willing to the phone and if you're willing to buy the software, then maybe you can recover some of the files.

From now on, remember - backups, backups, backups!