03-07-2016 07:13 PM
40 12
tools
    Would it help to take out my SD card before I do this update? I've been delaying the update every morning since it originally popped up so I could see what people said about it, but I don't know how long I want to keep doing that. Almost all of my apps and info are on my SD card so wiping it out would be upsetting.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Initially...as you can read above, none of my SD card apps were accessible. After about 20 minutes or so, they eventually were initialized and accessible. Perhaps I was just a one-off...I don't see any other reports of that issue here
    12-29-2015 11:26 AM
    Initially...as you can read above, none of my SD card apps were accessible. After about 20 minutes or so, they eventually were initialized and accessible. Perhaps I was just a one-off...I don't see any other reports of that issue here

I left my sd card in and did the update (which was a security update). After phone rebooted I did a cache partition wipe. I had no issues what so ever.

Posted via Android Central App
    ironass likes this.
    12-29-2015 11:42 AM

I left my sd card in and did the update (which was a security update). After phone rebooted I did a cache partition wipe. I had no issues what so ever.

I wiped the app cache and partition cache - still took some time for my SD card apps to initialize..I keep all the apps that I can on the SD card
    12-29-2015 12:06 PM
    When I did the update I left the card in, no issues, but I only have pictures and music on my card, which is encrypted. I also backed up first (thank you ironass)

SM-G900V
    RU2B0K3 build
    Verizon (obviously)
    Android 5.0
    Security patch level 2015-11-01
    ironass likes this.
    12-29-2015 12:55 PM
    When I did the update I left the card in, no issues, but I only have pictures and music on my card, which is encrypted. I also backed up first (thank you ironass)

SM-G900V
    RU2B0K3 build
    Verizon (obviously)
    Android 5.0
    Security patch level 2015-11-01
    Congratulations lgossin!

One less person on here that won't be coming on because they've lost data, photos, etc; and throwing a tantrum...

Backup! Backup! Backup! NOW!
    Tritonemusic likes this.
    12-29-2015 01:20 PM
    Just a security patch? For stagefright they pushed out the patch a couple of months ago right? Does anybody know if this breaks root?

Nevermind it does patch root. Downloading the rooted stock rom now!
    If I take this update, is the only way to regain root to download a rooted stock rom? I'm not looking forward to having to redo everything on my phone again.

-- Jim
    12-30-2015 07:10 AM
    I just did the update as well (late last week) and have an issue... can't post a link due to being a newbie. Only a few additional posts down from this one.
    12-30-2015 10:39 AM
    Fortunately nothing is worse after my update. I'll still plagued with drop calls despite seemingly fine signal strength. I have always thought it is one of the verizon apps I can't uninstall. When my update rolls around what are the best Android options with verizon?
    12-30-2015 10:54 AM
    If I take this update, is the only way to regain root to download a rooted stock rom? I'm not looking forward to having to redo everything on my phone again.

-- Jim

Yes to keep root you have to flash a rooted rom. I like to keep mine stock so i flashed the stock rooted rom by muniz_ri who is a recognized senior member at XDA. And as far as i know there isn't a way to root after BOD5 update and you can't downgrade to a rootable build. So if you're up to date right before this patch ( BOK3) then don't take any OTA updates. Use FlashFire to flash and i did a full wipe on my phone because it was time for me to do one. I do a wipe every 6-7 months to get rid of all the junk that builds up over time. I did mine about a week ago and i have zero issues.

There is a tutorial by muniz_ri here
    [How-To] Update to G900V_OK3 - 5.0 and KeepR… | Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 5

And the stock rooted rom here
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24337548750881089
    12-30-2015 11:04 AM
    Yes to keep root you have to flash a rooted rom. I like to keep mine stock so i flashed the stock rooted rom by muniz_ri who is a recognized senior member at XDA. And as far as i know there isn't a way to root after BOD5 update and you can't downgrade to a rootable build. So if you're up to date right before this patch ( BOK3) then don't take any OTA updates. Use FlashFire to flash and i did a full wipe on my phone because it was time for me to do one. I do a wipe every 6-7 months to get rid of all the junk that builds up over time. I did mine about a week ago and i have zero issues.

There is a tutorial by muniz_ri here
    [How-To] Update to G900V_OK3 - 5.0 and KeepR… | Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 5

And the stock rooted rom here
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24337548750881089
    Thanks, Nuwan - I'll skip this update for now and regroup in a handful of months once Marshmallow becomes available. Thanks!!
    Nuwan likes this.
    12-30-2015 11:06 AM
    Fortunately nothing is worse after my update. I'll still plagued with drop calls despite seemingly fine signal strength. I have always thought it is one of the verizon apps I can't uninstall. When my update rolls around what are the best Android options with verizon?
    Have you done a factory reset on your phone? It's always a good idea to do a hard factory reset after any major update and it fixes a lot of things. When 5.0 first came a lot of people had problems like battery life and their phone running hotter than before. A factory reset was the fix to a lot of those problems. And if you're rooted wipe the Dalvik cache also.
    Tritonemusic and BlurryEyed like this.
    12-30-2015 11:46 AM
    My upgrade went fine. 15 minutes start to finish; battery went from 98% to 81%. 398 apps; many on SD card, all seem to work so far. No need to clear cache or do anything else.

I feel darn lucky!
    03-07-2016 09:02 AM
    My upgrade went fine. 15 minutes start to finish; battery went from 98% to 81%. 398 apps; many on SD card, all seem to work so far. No need to clear cache or do anything else.

I feel darn lucky!
    It's only a security patch from Verizon. Not even they could muck that up... could they???
    03-07-2016 10:05 AM
    It's only a security patch from Verizon. Not even they could muck that up... could they???
    You never know with Verizon. 😕

ironass likes this.
    03-07-2016 12:51 PM
    Downloaded update. Ran through everything fine. Finished booting. Says no update applied. Rechecked for update. Says phone up to date none available. Gave error code of 410 software not updated to BPB1. ??
    03-07-2016 07:13 PM
40 12