I keep missing push messages since 5.0 update

amar7

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I keep missing push messages since 5.0 update and crapware "Smart manager" is installed. Smart manager and other apps crash from time to time, which sucks.

Issues with push messages occur with Viber and pushbullet for instance.

What can I do? (I think about rooting, making a backup and resetting, my warranty is only 3 months left, but I worry about missing future OTA/Kie updates and cumbersom ROM loading and installing etc.)

PS: I have the impression that my S5 seems to keep shutting down needed background processes that leads to that issue.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I keep missing push messages since 5.0 update and crapware "Smart manager" is installed. Smart manager and other apps crash from time to time, which sucks.

Issues with push messages occur with Viber and pushbullet for instance.

What can I do? (I think about rooting, making a backup and resetting, my warranty is only 3 months left, but I worry about missing future OTA/Kie updates and cumbersom ROM loading and installing etc.)

PS: I have the impression that my S5 seems to keep shutting down needed background processes that leads to that issue.

Have you tried excluding Viber, Pushbullet and any other needed apps from optimisation in Smart Manager or, simply turn optimisation, off?

amar7

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried excluding Viber, Pushbullet and any other needed apps from optimisation in Smart Manager or, simply turn optimisation, off?

Smart manager tells me that it hasn't optimized any apps under "abnormal battery usage", I quote:
"All apps have used a normal amount of battery power while the screen is turned off"

So I cannot exclude or turn of optimisation anywhere that I can see.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Smart manager doesn't work properly on my device, it tells me that it hasn't optimized any apps, I quote:

It is working properly then, if you are getting that message. You should, as I mentioned previously, either exclude the apps or turn off optimisation altogether if you are experiencing problems.

amar7

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
It is working properly then, if you are getting that message. You should, as I mentioned previously, either exclude the apps or turn off optimisation altogether if you are experiencing problems.

I find no option for optimisation settings and nowhere to exclude any apps, where can I do this?

amar7

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Still having the issue that my S5 keeps closing background apps automatically without asking. Any idea how else I could solve this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital