S5 storage full...what apps are really needed, cant move apps to SD card??

uthemanj

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
S5 device has 16gb of storage and I received messages that device storage is full delete some files to make room... I recently purchased a 32gb SD card and was able to move my games on card but cannot move other D/L apps... what apps are really needed and if I delete apps to make room for storage and really need for operating device is it too late. Some apps I really don't use as 4gb is already used for operating device, I am not sure what too delete..please help me with advice on how to increase storage.

thanks,
uthemanj

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Android makes p!ss poor use of SD cards. You can move your Music and Photos there, but moving Apps there causes widely documented annoyances including missing icons, permissions issues (apps unable to write to the card), etc. Also, every time an app updates, it will move back to the internal storage, so it will be a constant struggle just to keep your apps on the card.

In your situation, I would clear the cache partition (instructions elsewhere), clear off some photos and music, move your photos and music to the SD card, trim down to the Apps you absolutely need, and then go through the Application Manager and force all the crapware apps that came with the phone to revert back to the factory edition and then disable updates for each.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Just wait for marshmallow to arrive! Marshmallow treats micro SD card like the internal one by merging them.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Just wait for marshmallow to arrive! Marshmallow treats micro SD card like the internal one by merging them.

Posted with ❤Love❤
If he/she has Verizon or AT&T, then...

samsung_carriers.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax