SD card turned to RAW

friendlyviper

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
SO after taking copious amounts of pictures over the last few days, I unmounted my SD card, and placed it in it's little reader and then into my computer, and what do I get? the Format your card error. Took my phone in to the phone guru and they did the software check and fix, also upgraded to the Marshmallow. I did not bring the SD card with.
After being in similar situations in the past, I knew two things, DO NOT FORMAT, and go to my rescue software.
I have two programs that are my go to's.
I use Rescue Pro by SanDisk, now under the lc-tech.com banner.
The second is File Scavenger.
Both of these programs have been around for a very long time. Both have worked for me on my Hard Drives, Compact Flash, SD and now my micro cards. Rescue Pro found the most files, File Scavenger was short two files in comparison.
I also used number of other rescue software's found through this forum, none compared to Rescue Pro. After running it twice, I formatted the card in my S5 to get the boot sector back and ran File Scavenger. I saved the results in two separate folders.
Anyway if you find that suddenly you are going RAW. you might want to check these two programs. :cool:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
SO after taking copious amounts of pictures over the last few days, I unmounted my SD card, and placed it in it's little reader and then into my computer, and what do I get? the Format your card error. Took my phone in to the phone guru and they did the software check and fix, also upgraded to the Marshmallow. I did not bring the SD card with.
After being in similar situations in the past, I knew two things, DO NOT FORMAT, and go to my rescue software.
I have two programs that are my go to's.
I use Rescue Pro by SanDisk, now under the lc-tech.com banner.
The second is File Scavenger.
Both of these programs have been around for a very long time. Both have worked for me on my Hard Drives, Compact Flash, SD and now my micro cards. Rescue Pro found the most files, File Scavenger was short two files in comparison.
I also used number of other rescue software's found through this forum, none compared to Rescue Pro. After running it twice, I formatted the card in my S5 to get the boot sector back and ran File Scavenger. I saved the results in two separate folders.
Anyway if you find that suddenly you are going RAW. you might want to check these two programs. :cool:

Hello and welcome to Android Central friendlyviper!

Can I just point out that Samsung has not yet released Marshmallow, Android 6.0, for the Galaxy S5 model yet. I think that they must have given you a Lollipop update on Android 5.0 or 5.1.1.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE