Why is my phone/computer not detecting my sd card?

A

AC Question

why is my phone/comupter not detecting my sd card?

I have a galaxy s5 i have alot of music about 900 plus so i had to purchase a Samsung evo 128gb sd card bcuz i was running out of storage on my phone. I inserted the sd card into my phone it shows its there when plug into computer to shows on there as well. After that i transfered songs to sd card thru phone settings and it was working fine then all of a sudden it stopped at 200 and something songs (when screen went on sleep mode) so i turned screen on everything seemed to be there and then all of a sudden the phone couldn't detect the sd card like it wasnt in the phone neither could the computer. After that it kept saying blank sd or couldn't support file had the option to format or cancel. I accidentally pushed format and that deleted the 200+ songs that were on the sd card. So after that the sd card pops up agian and shows all the space available. So stupid me tried again thinking maybe i did something wrong so i do the rest of my music and same thing happens a few min later the phone cannot detect the sd card like its not there. This time i did not push format i push cancel for sd card. What can i do to recover music from sd card? Or do i just take it as a lost? Im stumped and this is very frustrating its the 2nd time with a diff card that my music just magically disappeared least the 1st sd card kept my photos this sd card i cant see anything off of it. Please help.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is my phone/comupter not detecting my sd card?

Using a card reader connect your SD card to a Windows computer and run a program called Recuva

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you possibly have a counterfeit SD Card, or it's just gone corrupt (yes, brand new cards CAN and DO go corrupt). Where did you buy the card?

Put your card back in your phone, and format it so that the phone can see it. Then download this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.humanlogic.sdi

and see what the results are. It will check the card to make sure it is actually a Samsung EVO 128GB card.

Please post back your results so we can help further.

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like you possibly have a counterfeit SD Card, or it's just gone corrupt (yes, brand new cards CAN and DO go corrupt). Where did you buy the card?

Good call.

There are also programs you can run on your PC to test SD cards.
FakeFlash Tester
FakeFlashTest Alternatives and Similar Software - AlternativeTo.net

A friend of mine ended up with a VERY convincing 64GB Sandisk card that actually held 2GB. The online retailer replaced it, no questions asked and the new one tested just fine.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
A friend of mine ended up with a VERY convincing 64GB Sandisk card that actually held 2GB. The online retailer replaced it, no questions asked and the new one tested just fine.

Same thing happened to a tight fisted friend of mine, TWICE! He thought he was getting a good on-line deal on a 64GB SanDisk card and ended up with clone knock-off's. They're a lot more common than we think.

eBay Spotting Counterfeit, fake SD,Micro SD,USB Memory Cards

Amazon

SanDisk Fake micro SD cards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPEPAMGBbz8

SD Insight app, free from the Google Play Store.

Last edited:

saralyn07

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
I think u r right it probably is a fake sd card was a deal better then others seems a lil to good to be true. cuz i purchased off ebay from a seller i think in hong kong and i only paid 20$ instead of the 60+ i seen other sellers selling for. Is there a way to get music back or is it completely gone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad