I am stuck on boot animation on start up, what can I do?

VESL15

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
stuck on boot animation on start up

hi!
im new to this forums. i just googled it up and this website is the first to pop out
let get straight to the point.
i rooted my galaxy j5 sm-j500m. everything was working fine no problems. but then i installed ROM toolbox. i was messing with the settings, tryed to install a custom boot animation but it keep failing so i gave up then i saw i can customize my fronts so i thought to myself why not! i installed one called "alex" then my phone lagged and the letters in the app would not show so i pressed the home button(i have a custom(nonroot) launcher called smart launcher) and that stopped responding and closed down. basicly everthing started going weird so rebooted it thinking it was the custom fronts loading up and thats why everythign was lagging and freezing. but when it was in the boot animation of samsung it just stayed there. i think its call a "soft brick" but i dont know. i was told to downlaod the firmware and install it via Odin3 but i got somke stuff i didnt back up (latest photos i took with my family) i have almost everythign backed up by the way. it would just be nice if i dont have to do a clean install but if i have too i will.
thank you very much on reading this and i hope you guys can help mke fix this problem. this is my inly phone i got and i cant afford loosing it.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: stuck on boot animation on start up

hi!
im new to this forums. i just googled it up and this website is the first to pop out
let get straight to the point.
i rooted my galaxy j5 sm-j500m. everything was working fine no problems. but then i installed ROM toolbox. i was messing with the settings, tryed to install a custom boot animation but it keep failing so i gave up then i saw i can customize my fronts so i thought to myself why not! i installed one called "alex" then my phone lagged and the letters in the app would not show so i pressed the home button(i have a custom(nonroot) launcher called smart launcher) and that stopped responding and closed down. basicly everthing started going weird so rebooted it thinking it was the custom fronts loading up and thats why everythign was lagging and freezing. but when it was in the boot animation of samsung it just stayed there. i think its call a "soft brick" but i dont know. i was told to downlaod the firmware and install it via Odin3 but i got somke stuff i didnt back up (latest photos i took with my family) i have almost everythign backed up by the way. it would just be nice if i dont have to do a clean install but if i have too i will.
thank you very much on reading this and i hope you guys can help mke fix this problem. this is my inly phone i got and i cant afford loosing it.

Hello and welcome to Android Central VESL15!

You have the Galaxy J5 regional model, SM-J500M, for South America. This is very different from the Galaxy S5.

However, there are some things you can try, such as wiping the phone's cache partition as this can become corrupted during flashing and modding. See #1.3 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide. (The istructions will apply to your model)

Ultimately, if the above does not work, you will need to download and flash the stock Samsung firmware for your model of phone, CSC and Product codes, and this will un-root you but, hopefully, leave all your data, photos, etc; intact. You will need to re-root again.

TOP TIP: Always make nandroid backups before attempting to mod your rooted phone.

Last edited:

VESL15

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: stuck on boot animation on start up

Thanks alot i fixed it by downloading the firmware and installing it saldy lost the photos but meh atleast i got the phone to work again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463