Last listening position for music is lost with Google Play Music

blueagle86

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having the issue of their last listening position being lost within Google Play Music? I have some podcasts and other longer material that no longer resumes from where I last left off. If I close the app and come back, the track restarts from the beginning. I have tried looking through settings but can't seem to find a solution.

This started a few weeks back. Thoughts?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Just a thought, are you running any cache cleaning apps, (Clean Master, Smart Manager, etc: ), or any task killers, optimisers, on your phone?

blueagle86

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
That sucks and while I can't help you with this explicit problem I can recommend using Apollo. I've used it for years and have had no qualms at all.

Thanks for the thought. I have tried a few other apps but never that one. I like the ability to stream from the uploaded music I have will google though.

blueagle86

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Just a thought, are you running any cache cleaning apps, (Clean Master, Smart Manager, etc: ), or any task killers, optimisers, on your phone?

I am not running any cache cleaning apps or optimisers. This problem occurs when I close out of the app in any way with the track paused. (i.e. use the home button, back button, or switch apps.)

I used to be able to close out for a few days and come back to the position being stored unless I played something else through the player in the interim.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Just for fun... can you try listening to a track, then pause it. Press HOME, then go straight back into the app and see if it picks back up where you left off. There are also two ways to do get back into the app:

1) Tap the menu button (bottom left, beside HOME) and then tap on Play Music in the revolving apps list.
2) Go into your app drawer and start Play Music.

I have found, on several different apps, that each of these does something different. It may not explain why Play Music doesn't remember your place in the track, but it might shed some light on what does or does not go on.

AndreHannover

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
Google is going to fix this issue with the next app-update:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?nomobile=true#!topic/play/ppvFtUFHcJQ;context-place=topicsearchin/play/playback$20position

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781