My Samsung S5's screen has an issue where when I turn the brightness down, the lower half of the screen flickers. But when I turn the brightness back up, I no longer see the flickering. Is there any way I can fix this?
    I think this problem also could just be due to rain, because I had left it in my pocket during a large rainstorm that I had to walk through, but, I'm pretty sure the phone didn't get wet cause when I took it out of my pocket it was dry. Sorry, for the troubles
    01-07-2016 05:06 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does that happen in Safe Mode as well? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10696
    01-07-2016 11:56 AM
    Mine has been doing it for a while, flickers lower half of the screen, but it also flickers green and when charging. Counting down the days until I can get an S7. I've tried all sorts to fix it, turning off all the air view stuff, checking the hardware check in the developer options, nothing works. Still does it in safe mode, so I think it's hardware related.
    younggreenanne likes this.
    01-08-2016 08:26 PM
    This just starting happening to me last night, just as you describe (except for the green/charging part).
    01-13-2016 11:52 AM
    same thing for me

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-16-2016 04:56 AM
    May i ask how old your phones are? Just wanted to know what to expect in the lifespan of s5...

01-16-2016 05:03 AM
    mine is a year old

01-16-2016 05:12 AM
    mine is a year old

It could still be under warranty, I'd contact Samsung to see if they can help you. They're pretty nice, and if the first person says no, maybe the supervisor will be able to help you (just be nice to everyone). Even if you have to ship the phone out for repair, which is not fast, having a nicely functional phone after it's repaired is worth it until you get a new phone. Not to mention being able to ethically sell it on Craigslist or Swappa for likely at least twice your trade in allowance...

01-16-2016 10:58 PM
    This is a hardware issue with the screen itself, my wife's S5 did this, did a factory reset as well as every other solution, and it only continued to get worse, sent it in, they claimed LCD damage, would not repair it under warranty because the phone was 14 months old, charged around $140 for the repair and return shipping, and now I know of 2 more having the same problem, mine and a friend of mine at work, all 3 phones are about the same age, and they are the only 3 I know of at this age, and all 3 had the problem, that's 3 for 3. I think there is a manufacturing defect, and samsung should fix the problem free of charge to everyone who experiences it, and if they won't, then we all need to start a class action lawsuit! It is beyond ridiculous that a phone that is just over 1 year old is having LCD failure, and Samsung refusing to stand behind their product. Please reply to this if anyone else is having the same issue. Anyone know a lawyer to start the class action lawsuit?
    02-01-2016 09:47 AM
    This is a hardware issue with the screen itself, my wife's S5 did this, did a factory reset as well as every other solution, and it only continued to get worse, sent it in, they claimed LCD damage, would not repair it under warranty because the phone was 14 months old, charged around $140 for the repair and return shipping, and now I know of 2 more having the same problem, mine and a friend of mine at work, all 3 phones are about the same age, and they are the only 3 I know of at this age, and all 3 had the problem, that's 3 for 3. I think there is a manufacturing defect, and samsung should fix the problem free of charge to everyone who experiences it, and if they won't, then we all need to start a class action lawsuit! It is beyond ridiculous that a phone that is just over 1 year old is having LCD failure, and Samsung refusing to stand behind their product. Please reply to this if anyone else is having the same issue. Anyone know a lawyer to start the class action lawsuit?
    I'm also having the same problem. It is reallly frustrating. Made the phone unusual
    11-11-2016 07:13 PM
    The same situation at me. This is software fraud from Samsung that came with last android update I think.
    01-14-2017 03:49 PM