My Samsung Galaxy S5 is acting weird! Could it be dying?

A

AC Question

My Samsung Galaxy s5 is acting weird!

I really need help here! I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F. It's been almost 1 year since i bought it. It was working perfectly until some weird things started to happen. During boot-up, everything seems normal. I can see the Samsung logo, hear the startup sound and so on...but then immediately after startup, the touch buttons start to flash repeatedly..(that is the touch buttons light up and then turn off and then it re-lights on and then re-turns off). Another thing is that when i lock the screen, i hear the lock screen sound as usual...but then after the screen has been locked, it continues to make that lock screen sound repeatedly. Also someone calls me, the phone doesn't receive any incoming calls. Can someone tell me please what is happening? Is it a sign that the mainboard is dying?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Samsung Galaxy s5 is acting weird!

Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404. If that doesn't help, then try Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. Steps are at the bottom of that link.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith