Good day! I bought a used Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) which I believe, has been damaged by water. There are issues which I experience when turning it on. Here are follows:

1. No SIM Card Detected - Whatever SIM Card I inserted, there will always be no detection of it.
    2. No Audio / Sound (Earphone Mode) - Whether you plug an earphone to its jack, still, no sounds coming from it. Even from the Loudspeaker and Earpiece.
    3. LCD Marks - There is a leftover scene marked or shadowed on the screen, it is a status of a game, thus I believed to be a burn-in issue with the AMOLED Screen.

After browsing the web and looking for a solution, I found one. The 99% Alcohol Trick. I don't know if this will fix any of the problems. Thus, making it a 50% chance, to make it fully work or to make it dead forever. Will HotAir make difference? I need an expert advise from this. I don't want to spend too much money on changing the motherboard. Thank you!
    01-13-2016 09:26 AM
    I think you bought yourself damaged goods, my friend. You are describing issues across several different hardware features... the SD slot is faulted, the microphone jack is not working properly and the LCD panel is showing signs of burn in. It sounds like the phone pretty well abused by whoever previously owned it.

The S5 does have water damage indicators throughout the phone. You can look through the iFixIt guide here, it should point out all the places where they are located. You may very well not find any indications of water exposure... the damage you describe can come easily from abuse, long term use as a display model, etc.
    01-13-2016 10:23 AM
    Thank you for your reply. I bought this phone at a very affordable price, indeed. =) That is why I am looking for solutions or a motivation that everything will work fine. Do you think, hot air the components will have a greater success?
    01-13-2016 06:33 PM
    I think those components are going to need to be replaced. Those fixes for water exposure really only work if the phone hasn't suffered damage yet.
    01-14-2016 06:46 AM
    Where did you buy the phone? If it was on eBay, you can file for a refund either with the seller or eBay themselves. They protect the buyer.

As for "quick fixes", you're not going to be able to bring that back to life yourself without having (what sounds like) everything but the plastic shell replaced. Motherboard, display, speakers, that will cost you (possibly) as much as buying a brand new phone. Whoever sold it to you screwed you over if they didn't disclose those problems and overcharged you.

But you didn't say where you got it, or for how much so it's up to you how far you will want to pursue the repair.

Good luck.
    01-14-2016 07:55 AM
    You need to replace those components. There are shortage of those since it was damaged by water.
    01-14-2016 09:50 PM
    You need to replace those components. There are shortage of those since it was damaged by water.
    I have already fixed the Insert SIM Card problem. However, the No Audio Problem still exists.

Tried:

Bluetooth Headset -> Working (Media and Call) thru SoundAbout App.

Does this indication shows that I have a working Audio IC in the board?
    01-26-2016 07:42 AM
    I am confused with so many things, but I don't want to give up. =)

Assumption:

A. Earphone Plugged -> Make a Call -> Tick Loudspeaker (Should Work?)
    B. Earphone Jack Detection (How it detects the Jack?)
    B1. Shorted to Not Shorted -> Detected
    B2. Not Shorted to Shorted -> Detected
    01-26-2016 07:50 AM
    We're confused by your unwillingness to mention where you bought the phone.
    01-26-2016 08:04 AM
    We're confused by your unwillingness to mention where you bought the phone.
    I bought it from a friend of mine for about $50 (Converted).
    01-26-2016 08:07 AM