Deleted number still appears in text message 'to' field

bennos

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know how to delete a phone number so it doesn't appear when text messaging?

Example: Joe got a new mobile number so I updated his contact details to the new one. After doing so, when I go to text him, both his new and old numbers appear. I checked the 'Contact' details and it only shows the new mobile number. Even checking all the different ones like 'mobile', 'work', 'home'... and they all show as the new mobile number.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to delete a phone number so it doesn't appear when text messaging?

Example: Joe got a new mobile number so I updated his contact details to the new one. After doing so, when I go to text him, both his new and old numbers appear. I checked the 'Contact' details and it only shows the new mobile number. Even checking all the different ones like 'mobile', 'work', 'home'... and they all show as the new mobile number.

Welcome to Android Central!

It sounds like the number may either be saved in another contact or it is not removing it from your GMail account. I would log in to your GMail from a PC and go to your contacts. Search for that old number and see if it is saved still and then delete it. Once you do that go in to your settings, accounts, go to your Google account, un-check contacts and then re-check it to sync.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis