Connecting camera to phone?

jpa331

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Connecting camera to phone

Hi, I've been trying for a while now to connect my Canon PowerShot SX50 HS camera to my Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo phone. I want to be able to transfer photos to the phone so I can post them on Twitter, email them etc.

I was advised to get an OTG cable which I have done and all seems to fit. The camera's USB goes into the OTG and that connects to the phone.

But nothing happens. Is there a file I should be checking? Is there some software I need? Maybe they are just not compatible?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Connecting camera to phone

Hi, I've been trying for a while now to connect my Canon PowerShot SX50 HS camera to my Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo phone. I want to be able to transfer photos to the phone so I can post them on Twitter, email them etc.

I was advised to get an OTG cable which I have done and all seems to fit. The camera's USB goes into the OTG and that connects to the phone.

But nothing happens. Is there a file I should be checking? Is there some software I need? Maybe they are just not compatible?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
The device may not be OTG compatible. The alternative is to use a WiFi enabled memory card and transfer from the camera to the phone that way. You don't need to be within a WiFi network, the card and phone will "talk" via WiFi. Take a look at something like this: Robot Check