Okay so fist things first I feel asleep with my phone on Youtube in bed... bad thing i know, I woke up this morning to find my phone RED HOT! It was still responsive. Chrome had crashed so I clicked close and then proceeded to power down the phone and allow it to cool down.

Now once I place the battery back in and press the power button the s5 boots and shows the android logo then screen goes black, two small vibrates and then a pulsating blue light and then nothing else , LED pulse goes off and phone is not responsive to anything.

Tried booting in recovery by pressing Power + Home + Vol Up key. Same thing happens but instead of just the android logo there is the blue RECOVERY BOOTING... Then the phone goes black and does the same thing.

Can anyone help or have any incite to the problem ?
    Thanks Drew
    01-25-2016 02:23 AM
    Okay so fist things first I feel asleep with my phone on Youtube in bed... bad thing i know, I woke up this morning to find my phone RED HOT! It was still responsive. Chrome had crashed so I clicked close and then proceeded to power down the phone and allow it to cool down.

Now once I place the battery back in and press the power button the s5 boots and shows the android logo then screen goes black, two small vibrates and then a pulsating blue light and then nothing else , LED pulse goes off and phone is not responsive to anything.

Tried booting in recovery by pressing Power + Home + Vol Up key. Same thing happens but instead of just the android logo there is the blue RECOVERY BOOTING... Then the phone goes black and does the same thing.

Can anyone help or have any incite to the problem ?
    Thanks Drew
    Hello and welcome to Android Central DudeAztec!

As you have correctly stated, leaving the phone on YouTube all night and finding it, "RED HOT", is not a good thing and well beyond the normal operating parameters for the device.My feeling is that you need to get it professionally checked out immediately as there is quite possibly some internal hardware damage to your phone if it will not go beyond the bootloader stage and you could end up doing further damage by, say, downloading and attempting to flash your stock Samsung firmware.
    01-25-2016 04:44 AM
    Thanks for the reply...So you would not recommend attempting to flash it ? Iv heard when the blue light glows / pluses , it can be a soft brick possible or a hard brick ? any recommendations? Another thing i have noticed is that when i connect the device to my computer it will pop up in kies3 for a few seconds and then disappear ?
    01-25-2016 05:51 AM
    Thanks for the reply...So you would not recommend attempting to flash it ? Iv heard when the blue light glows / pluses , it can be a soft brick possible or a hard brick ? any recommendations? Another thing i have noticed is that when i connect the device to my computer it will pop up in kies3 for a few seconds and then disappear ?
    Which of the 41 models of Galaxy S5 do you have?

41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide
    01-25-2016 06:52 AM
    Sorry for some reason i'm replying but this post isn't showing.

Model: DM-G900F
    01-25-2016 07:01 AM
    Sorry for some reason i'm replying but this post isn't showing.

Model: DM-G900F
    Do you mean... SM-G900F

That is the international model. Which country is it for and is it carrier branded?
    01-25-2016 07:07 AM
    Yes. SM-G900F. The country is UK and the carrier is Three Network.
    01-25-2016 07:10 AM
    Yes. SM-G900F. The country is UK and the carrier is Three Network.
    This is the Three network, U.K., latest stock Samsung firmware...

Model SM-G900F
    Model name GALAXY S5
    Country United Kingdom (H3G)
    Version Android 5.0
    Changelist 6531036
    Build date Mon, 07 Dec 2015 12:13:25 +0000
    Product code H3G
    PDA G900FXXU1POL2
    CSC G900FH3G1POJ1

This can be flashed using Odin by following the instructions and video contained in the links of #1.11 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

The decision to flash is yours alone. Good luck!
    01-25-2016 07:30 AM
    Thanks for the links and information. Would this also be why it won'y fully boot into recovery mode because the firmware has been corrupt is some sort of way or has been soft bricked somehow ?

Normally when booting I get the android boot screen then the Three Carrier screen then the Android OS but i'm not getting past the android boot screen.

When I attempt to go into recovery mode the S5 boots to Android screen with the blue recovery in the top left hand corner and then the screen will go black and the S5 will vibrate twice with the BLUE LED pulsing. Wondering if you have heard of this before ?
    01-25-2016 08:22 AM
    Thanks for the links and information. Would this also be why it won'y fully boot into recovery mode because the firmware has been corrupt is some sort of way or has been soft bricked somehow ?

Normally when booting I get the android boot screen then the Three Carrier screen then the Android OS but i'm not getting past the android boot screen.

When I attempt to go into recovery mode the S5 boots to Android screen with the blue recovery in the top left hand corner and then the screen will go black and the S5 will vibrate twice with the BLUE LED pulsing. Wondering if you have heard of this before ?

thanks
    01-25-2016 08:23 AM