What can I do with a fake Galaxy S5, how can I know what type of system its running?

A

AC Question

What can i do with a fake galaxy s5 how can i know what type of system its running?

So it looks like a galaxy s5 but inside it looks like crap i connected it to wifi but it cant do anything and it doesnt have the phone status information i cant find it i dont know how much memory it has either some guy bought it for $300 he gave it to me to look into it but its lame if theyre going to sell fakes they should b better than the originals but the phone looks like its a flip phones inside super slow idk what to do with it now....any advice from anyone who has one?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: What can i do with a fake galaxy s5 how can i know what type of system its running?

There are all sorts of fake Samsung phones, so no one can know if he has the same one by your description. If there's nothing in About Device, there's very little you can do, since you can't root it, so you can't get a look at the firmware.

Ashtroid666

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: What can i do with a fake galaxy s5 how can i know what type of system its running?

Pretty much nothing you can do.
Some may even be dangerous to use. Most Korea set (what we like to call it) tends to have lots of heated problem and battery issue. Basically useless at some point.