Has anyone had success with Samsung on this defect issue. Screen cracks then LCD bleeds out. It happened to me. I thought the crack was a scratch for a second but of course I had a screen protector on. My phone was in an otter box defender and was in my jacket pocket. I don't think their tech team even looked at it, just transfered it from one box to another. Their batteries overheat (say hello to the hoverboard issue). The first person I talked to at customer service told me it was abuse after I explained what happened. I asked him if he heard about the spontaneous cracking complaints all over the internet. He stuck with the abuse. I told him I wanted the phone looked at. He out me on hold and I was disconnected. I called back and got a different rep. She asked a bunch of questions and took a full report of the circumstances. Told me the procedure etc. I guess the first guy knew the automatic rejection policy. He must have been new. Anyway, it seems like they just pull your chain and waste your time. The S6 is having the same problem. I was just wondering if anyone had a positive outcome.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-29-2016 09:23 AM
    I never heard any spontaneous screen cracks in S5. You say that the phone gets hot? Maybe the hot made the cracks worse. Maybe your case is too tight.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    01-29-2016 09:34 AM
    I've never heard of this

01-29-2016 09:39 AM
    I haven't heard of this in respect of the S5 but have in respect of the Edge. Consensus was battery expanding during fast charge.
    01-29-2016 09:47 AM
    Virtually half the store I work at uses S5's (approx 100 personnel ) plus me and several relatives. None have experienced this. Yes, the S5 does run hotter than it did with Lollipop, but still much cooler than other phones including the S4. The screen cracking could be temperature related if the phone experienced a sharp change in temp even in an otterbox.
    01-29-2016 01:01 PM
    I've seen posts with this complaint going back to the S3. This happened in December in NJ so it wasn't heat. I had just come back from a quick errand. Winter jacket so pockets are padded. It's very upsetting when you spend so much for a phone, have it for less than a year, take good care of it and it gets a barely visible crack some how and turns useless. Theres not a chip or dent on this thing. This is my first Samsung phone. I'm still seething mad. I've had various phones going back to those clunky flip phones ('96 I think) I've never had one break. I suppose I was due. I'm done with Samsung though. Burn me once and that's it. Their products won't see my house again.

01-29-2016 01:12 PM
    No problems here. I've had my S5 in my otterbox since launch (plus a tempered glass protector).

01-29-2016 01:15 PM
    My husband hasn't had a problem with his. I just think there are some scattered defects and they refuse to acknowledge them. I loved it until this happened.

clickerman likes this.
    01-29-2016 02:31 PM
    This is news to me.
    01-30-2016 01:14 PM
    I discovered this problem existed after I took my phone to a repair place. They couldn't believe a crack that small would break the LCD. I wasn't ready to pay $200. I went on the internet for info. I dud many searches. Finally
    i searched Samsung Galaxy s5 spontaneous screen crack. If you do a search on that you'll see the complaints. I was relieved to know wasn't crazy. I still have a broken phone though.

01-31-2016 08:47 AM
    Here's a screen shot from today

Attached Thumbnails spontaneous screen cracks-12101.jpg  
    01-31-2016 08:51 AM
    Here's a screen shot from today

But only 1 thread about S5 spontaneous crack is listed in android central besides yours. The replies is also only a few. The S5 doesn't have any screen issues that makes it crack easily unlike the S6 edge.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    01-31-2016 09:18 AM
    I just joined here the other day. I thought I would ask. I've seen a lot of posts but never any posts about Samsung fixing them. I'll take a wild guess and say they don't unless you shell out the $200. There was a class action in 2012 for S phones that had sudden shutdown problems. I suppose if they were to acknowledge a potential defect they would shoot themselves in the foot if someone had the energy to start that type of thing. At least my phone still looks pretty. ;-)

01-31-2016 10:38 AM
    Just as a matter of interest, which of the 41 models of Galaxy S5 do you have?
    01-31-2016 11:08 AM
    SM G900AZKAATT

01-31-2016 09:34 PM
    Has anyone had success with Samsung on this defect issue. Screen cracks then LCD bleeds out. It happened to me. I thought the crack was a scratch for a second but of course I had a screen protector on. My phone was in an otter box defender and was in my jacket pocket. I don't think their tech team even looked at it, just transfered it from one box to another. Their batteries overheat (say hello to the hoverboard issue). The first person I talked to at customer service told me it was abuse after I explained what happened. I asked him if he heard about the spontaneous cracking complaints all over the internet. He stuck with the abuse. I told him I wanted the phone looked at. He out me on hold and I was disconnected. I called back and got a different rep. She asked a bunch of questions and took a full report of the circumstances. Told me the procedure etc. I guess the first guy knew the automatic rejection policy. He must have been new. Anyway, it seems like they just pull your chain and waste your time. The S6 is having the same problem. I was just wondering if anyone had a positive outcome.

Yes, this has happened to me with both a sony and Samsung. Screen cracks when the phone overheats. It was a known flaw in the Sony so it was replaced for me. Perhaps with Sony too but need to bring it back to where I bought it.
    04-25-2016 01:22 PM