Verizon MM / Updates

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
This AM, for the 1st time, when booting up, I didn't get the option to update later. When it completed, I had a notification that the system was updating. I was then placed in an endless loop to update again. The screen reports that the update went ok. How do I determine if the system updated. I was on Lollipop 5.0. When I checked the ABOUT setting, it still shows 5.0. What's going on ? Thanks

Smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S5, Lollipop 5.0, Verizon network

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Forced update

If your Baseband now ends in OK3, you have received, finally, the security patch, here.

Last edited:

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If your Baseband now ends in OK3, you have received, finally, the security patch, here.

Mine ends in BOG5. Please explain. Thanks. Just noticed that there is another update waiting. It's a security update. What's up? Thanks.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Forced update

Mine ends in BOG5. Please explain. Thanks.

OG5 is an even older update than OK3 and was released 166 days ago. Therefore, prior to your update, you must have been on the OE1 release. Now that your phone has updated to OG5, you are in line to receive OK3. See the list of Verizon updates/patches, in post #19 of my earlier link.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Carrier send limit

Is there anyone out there that knows the send limit for Verizon text messages? I'm using Textra. Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Carrier send limit

Handcent SMS has a way around the group messaging limit. See post #6 of Maximum number of 10 recipients when sending texts/sms,,,, how do I increase that number ????

My previous post to you must have been sent to another question.
My issue is finding the size limit for just 1 text message, not multiple recipients. Textra has a setting that was set for 1 mb. I'm also interested in the limit of outgoing email. Thanks. I can always rely on you.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

My previous post to you must have been sent to another question.
My issue is finding the size limit for just 1 text message, not multiple recipients. Textra has a setting that was set for 1 mb. I'm also interested in the limit of outgoing email. Thanks. I can always rely on you.

Email limits on attachments are set by your email provider. If you need to send large files, then use DropBox or Google cloud. See...

How to Send Large Files Over Email

Email attachment

Text or SMS, (Short Message Service), is just that... a short message and is not designed for the transmission of War and Peace. See..

What is SMS?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

That's what I've been looking for. Thanks again.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
My Verizon sign-on.

All of a sudden, My Verizon is requesting me to sign on each time I log on. It just started today. Apparently the problem is that the app will not REMEMBER MY PASSWORD. What's the fix? Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: My Verizon sign-on.

Am I the only person that uses Verizon's, MY VERIZON MOBILE Applet? Am I the only one with the above problem?

Samsung Galaxy S5 - Verizon Lollipop 5.0

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I don't recall ever using the App, I generally use a desktop and access it that way. I just tried the app and it had my account all set up. No clue why your App is not remembering your password. I also use Chrome fro my browser and I let it remember passwords. what do you use for browsing and could that be the problem. I did not see any settings to check for remember me in The App

Verizon
RU2BPB1
2016-01-01 security
SM900V

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I don't recall ever using the App, I generally use a desktop and access it that way. I just tried the app and it had my account all set up. No clue why your App is not remembering your password. I also use Chrome fro my browser and I let it remember passwords. what do you use for browsing and could that be the problem. I did not see any settings to check for remember me in The App

Verizon
RU2BPB1
2016-01-01 security
SM900V

Found the problem. It's a strange one. My problem started with an Update from the Play store. That caused the problem. My fix : I went to the app in my list of applications, cleared the cache, uninstalled the update and the problem went away. My remaining problem is that Play Store wants me to UPDATE. Since I don't know how to get rid of it, I must be careful not to UPDATE.

Samsung Galaxy S5 - Verizon Lollipop 5.0

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Verizon Marshmallow

Looking for advice. In moving from Verizon Lollipop to Marshmallow, should I do a Cache Clean before or after installing Marshmallow. I don't want to do a factory reset. You opinions please. Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0 Verizon

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon Marshmallow

Do the upgrade and then the cache wipe. As stated in numerous threads, you may end up with some bad battery life until you do a factory reset. Moving from one version of Android to another may always cause issues with current apps, but your mileage may vary.

ajlee7

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site

Updated from Lollipop to Marshmallow Verizon Samsung S5. No problems! I like it. It seems faster and I like the app permission customization. Not sure if fingerprint improved but I never used it on Kitkat due to its unreliability and never bothered using it on Lollipop. I decided to use it and it is much more reliable. Data usage settings for WiFi stats is fixed. It now looks at usage based on the cycle set in the Mobile. The only thing that is annoying is the volume popup box is set all the way at the top. In the later versions of Lollipop it was set slightly below the top so you can swipe the notifications.

wolfpacknc

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone else had issues with Smart Lock not working after the upgrade? I didn't realize how much I utilized it until it stopped working following the upgrade.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone else had issues with Smart Lock not working after the upgrade? I didn't realize how much I utilized it until it stopped working following the upgrade.

I'm on Verizon and have done the update to Marshmallow. No issues with Smart Lock for me. Works like it did before. The only thing I did after the update was to clear the cache partition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon