Verizon MM / Updates

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Marshmallow settings

They were two different sentences :)

Running apps - open the Developer Options and they should be in the first section.

Disabled apps. Open the 'all' menu in your app manager. Maybe it's a little bit different in the S5.

I found the Running apps. I don't have the "all" menu in my app manager. Any other suggestions?

Samsung Galaxy S5 Marshmallow 6.0.1 Verizon

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Cog icon in apps settings Marshmallow

All the instructions for Marshmallow point to a cog icon in applications settings. I don't have the icon. Anyone know why? Thanks.

jljecj

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

To look at system apps use the dotted toggle on the right at the top. At the left is all, enabled and turned off.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cog icon in apps settings Marshmallow

All the instructions for Marshmallow point to a cog icon in applications settings. I don't have the icon. Anyone know why? Thanks.

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to add a shortcut for the settings on the home screen, enable the system UI tuner ... ?

TitoRoE

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

I found the Running apps. I don't have the "all" menu in my app manager. Any other suggestions?

Settings > Applications > Application manager > ... "All apps" the arrow (upside down triangle) will show you selection to show apps that are Turned Off/Disabled...Hope this helps...

Screenshot_20160616-013549.jpg

TitoRoE

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like you might be in Easy Mode. Settings > Easy mode...switch it off if its on...

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Sounds like you might be in Easy Mode. Settings > Easy mode...switch it off if its on...

Thanks. I'm in standard mode and still no cog. What's next?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Settings > Applications > Application manager > ... "All apps" the arrow (upside down triangle) will show you selection to show apps that are Turned Off/Disabled...Hope this helps...

View attachment 230157

I don't have the All Apps option. Your screen shot doesn't look like mine. Is there a setting somewhere else that's affecting this. Thanks for your help.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

If you swipe down from the top (to pull down the notification bar), what do you see? The settings icon/cog is on the right side.

Can you try and post a screen shot?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

A possible workaround could be adding a widget on your home screen. See if this works. Long press on an empty spot in your home screen, select widgets, scroll down until you find 'settings', tap& hold on it and drag it to the screen.

captfbgnet

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

I don't have the All Apps option. Your screen shot doesn't look like mine. Is there a setting somewhere else that's affecting this. Thanks for your help.

I have the Sprint S5 and don't have the 'all apps' selection either, but the permanant 'app' icon is in the lower right corner of my home screen. Press that (mine says 'apps'), then 3 dot menu in the right hand corner top of screen. Drop down menu appears with several selections..'hide, uninstall/disable apps..etc'

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

FWIW my application manager does not have the all apps triangle either. However I can use the three dots to hide or show system apps among other things, like adjust permissions

Verizon
Android 6.01
RU2DPD1 build
SM-G900V

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

It seems that carriers implemented different settings then :(

Just an idea, scroll all the way down in the app list, maybe the disabled apps are there. In some phones the disabled apps are listed normally with just a message indicating their state.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

If you swipe down from the top (to pull down the notification bar), what do you see? The settings icon/cog is on the right side.

I feel like a real dummy. I know that the old method for a screenshot no longer works.
But the new instructions involve Google on Tap. Using that, I still can't do a screenshot. Please take me through the process, step by step. I appreciate it.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

A possible workaround could be adding a widget on your home screen. See if this works. Long press on an empty spot in your home screen, select widgets, scroll down until you find 'settings', tap& hold on it and drag it to the screen.

Thanks. I tried that. I do have a Settings widget, but long pressing doesn't work. The only widget in the Settings is a flashlight. Any other suggestions?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I feel like a real dummy. I know that the old method for a screenshot no longer works.
But the new instructions involve Google on Tap. Using that, I still can't do a screenshot. Please take me through the process, step by step. I appreciate it.

Here's the screenShot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-16-10-36-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-16-10-36-06.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 9

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Here's the screenShot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-16-10-36-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-16-10-36-06.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 9

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member