Restore App Data

TheAsker64

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
So I have an S5 to replace the S4 that died.

When I set it up it told me there's a backup on the Google account from 2 weeks ago (around when the S4 died) which I chose to restore.

I have all my apps back now, but not the data that was with them. I also have to login again to all the apps that were installed. Which makes me feel like there was no real app data restore.

Also I have few very of the photos that I had on my S4.

Setting wise I'm also not sure something was restored. For example the lock screen option is of a new phone, not the one I had with the S4. And other settings.

Any idea how do I check which data was backedup or find the app data/settings to fully restore it?

Thanks,

Marquis 2020

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
So I have an S5 to replace the S4 that died.

When I set it up it told me there's a backup on the Google account from 2 weeks ago (around when the S4 died) which I chose to restore.

I have all my apps back now, but not the data that was with them. I also have to login again to all the apps that were installed. Which makes me feel like there was no real app data restore.

Also I have few very of the photos that I had on my S4.

Setting wise I'm also not sure something was restored. For example the lock screen option is of a new phone, not the one I had with the S4. And other settings.

Any idea how do I check which data was backedup or find the app data/settings to fully restore it?

Thanks,

Did you ever get your answer and was able to retrieve the settings for your apps? If so, please share because I backed up my app settings from Galaxy S5 to S7. And like you, the restore did NOT give me my apps as they were on the old device.

I used both Google to back up and Samsung Smart Switch. Neither restored the critical settings and data for all of my apps. I must note that only a few apps did have the data and settings restored, but the great majority of apps are requiring me to sign back up and have lost my critical data.

Please help.
Thanks!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech