While updating SM-G900H OS, battery fell out, now won't boot

KewlEugene

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I messed up. While a new OS was being downloaded and installed over Wi-Fi, i picked up the SM-G900H and the battery fell out. I tried putting the battery back in, and re-booting, and it won't boot. I took it to a repair shop and they tried swapping out parts and stuff and that didn't work. I need to find someone who can re-flash and/or re-initialize the motherboard.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I messed up. While a new OS was being downloaded and installed over Wi-Fi, i picked up the SM-G900H and the battery fell out. I tried putting the battery back in, and re-booting, and it won't boot. I took it to a repair shop and they tried swapping out parts and stuff and that didn't work. I need to find someone who can re-flash and/or re-initialize the motherboard.

Hello and welcome to Android Central KewlEugene!

The battery fell out???

I do not know why the, "repair shop", would need to swap/replace parts for an OS failure!

You could try downloading the new stock Samsung firmware for your model of phone, CSC and Product code and flashing it yourself to your phone, using Odin and by following the instructions and video in the links of #1.11 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Grab a coffee and start reading!

Last edited:

KewlEugene

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I had the cover off when it was downloading the OS. I picked up the phone and the battery dropped out. I had forgotten it does not grip the battery.

I looked at the '#1.11 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide', downloaded Odin, now where do I download the OS images from? link please. Thanks.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I had the cover off when it was downloading the OS. I picked up the phone and the battery dropped out. I had forgotten it does not grip the battery.

I looked at the '#1.11 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide', downloaded Odin, now where do I download the OS images from? link please. Thanks.

The very first link in #1.11 takes you to SamMobile for all Samsung downloads.