Why are my contact photos a different size than than my wife's?

A

AC Question

Why are my contact photos a different size than than my wife's.

We both have S5s running 5.1.1 and use the same vcf file of contacts. Her contact images are dime size with a blurred image in the background. Mine fill up about 40%
of the screen. I have deleted all of hers and reinstalled from the vcf file on my phone
and they stay the smaller size.

I have looked at every setting I can find and can see not difference between the two
phones.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why are my contact photos a different size than than my wife's.

Try clearing the device cache and see if that helps. There is something causing the conflict, and wiping cache should work.

deke40

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site

Tried that and it didn't change anything.

deke40

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site

Found this elsewhere on this site and it fits my problem.

"The contacts with full picture ID are the ones you have saved photos to on your phone or Google Account, depending on what your primary phone book storage is. The ones with small images are the ones for which the device had pulled images from synced accounts such as LinkedIn, Facebook and the like. The solution - and its a tedious one - is to g9 through your contacts and save High Res images from your device. These will show full screen rather nicely".

I picked the same picture on my wife's phone that is on my phone and used it for a contact image and it came out large like on my
phone. Evidently the image has to be saved and used on the phone itself for the larger image to show up.

Last edited: