Add blockers

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone installed an Add Blocker? Can they be installed without extensive configuration? Do they work in CHROME? Thanks.

Smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S5, Lollipop 5.0, Verizon network

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone installed an Add Blocker? Can they be installed without extensive configuration? Do they work in CHROME? Thanks.

Because I am rooted, I can use AdAway, not available on the Play store. This blocks all manner of ads on all sorts of browsers and apps.

There is an app, still on the Play Store, for unrooted users, called Adblock Fast that only works on the Samsung Internet browser version 4.0 and up. Not on any other browser. As for Chrome, I can only suggest going in to... Chrome > Menu (3 dots) > Settings > ... and depending on which version of the Chrome browser you have installed, there should be an ad opt out setting. Not very effective but better than nothing.

Last edited:

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have version 48.0. That option is not listed. But thanks anyway. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. Thanks again.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
You can install Firefox and then install an adblocker called Adblock Plus. It works great with Firefox. Also, there is an browser called Adblock that you can use.

Also for the Samsung Browser, there is an addon called Adblock Fast. You can also find that in the play store.

Last edited:

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
You can install Firefox and then install an adblocker called Adblock Plus. It works great with Firefox. Also, there is an browser called Adblock that you can use.

Also for the Samsung Browser, there is an addon called Adblock Fast. You can also find that in the play store.

I want to stay with CHROME rather than switching Browsers. Thanks for the suggestion.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I want to stay with CHROME rather than switching Browsers. Thanks for the suggestion.

I understand that but there isn't anything that you can add to Chrome to block ads.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2710225?hl=en

I root my Android phones so that I can use Adaway which blocks ads in everything from Chrome to any app running on the phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc