Record phone call

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
How do you record both sides of a phone conversation? Thanks.

Smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S5, Lollipop 5.0, Verizon network

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Seems to be a wealth of options in the Play Store "phone call recorder". As a rooted user, the option to record phone calls is right there on the dialer screen for me.

Android Central App | S5 G900A kitkat root

deke40

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Lower left.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-17-12-50-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-02-17-12-50-28.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 31

deke40

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I had never used that icon before. If I push it itgoes to voicemail.

deke40

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
You are right. I had always just pressed and held the 1 button to access voicemail.
This is a lot quicker.

Last edited:

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the ACR program (Auto Call Record) found in the app store. I've used it for over a year now and love it! We have our own business and companies call us to book jobs. I'm the one they call. It's no problem if I can't write the information down at the moment because ACR is recording the conversation :) Or if someone calls with job details for my husband I don't have to worry about getting something wrong when I relay it to him. I have it set to record all calls and at the end of the call a box pops up asking me if I want to save the call. HANDY little app! No ads.
Monica

deke40

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
How trickey is this with the laws governing recording conversations? From what I have read
they vary from state to state.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
How trickey is this with the laws governing recording conversations? From what I have read
they vary from state to state.

What do you plan on doing with the recordings? If you're only using them to reference from later (and then deleting them when you don't need them), then I don't see there being a problem.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the ACR program (Auto Call Record) found in the app store. I've used it for over a year now and love it! We have our own business and companies call us to book jobs. I'm the one they call. It's no problem if I can't write the information down at the moment because ACR is recording the conversation :) Or if someone calls with job details for my husband I don't have to worry about getting something wrong when I relay it to him. I have it set to record all calls and at the end of the call a box pops up asking me if I want to save the call. HANDY little app! No ads.
Monica

Thanks. I can't wait to try it. Thanks again.

Smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S5, Lollipop 5.0, Verizon network

deke40

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Monica

Since you use it for business purposes do you preface it with the usual disclaimer about using it for training purposes?

deke40

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
What do you plan on doing with the recordings? If you're only using them to reference from later (and then deleting them when you don't need them), then I don't see there being a problem.

Mostly to be used so when I place or receive a call to one of my grown children
my wife will not get pissed off because she didn't hear the conversation.:D

deke40

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Now if I can figure how to store them on my SD card. According to this pop up I can't. It mentions KiKat but I'm on Lollipop and it supposedly relaxed the write to SD somewhat. I looked under ARC's permissions and it should be able to. Any ideas that doesn't involve rooting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-18-07-04-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-02-18-07-04-38.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 19

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Now if I can figure how to store them on my SD card. According to this pop up I can't. It mentions KiKat but I'm on Lollipop and it supposedly relaxed the write to SD somewhat. I looked under ARC's permissions and it should be able to. Any ideas that doesn't involve rooting.

Contact ACR. They've always been very helpful when I had questions.
I just tried saving to the SD card and got the same error message as you.

deke40

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I can leave them on the device storage. Looks like about 100kb per minute. That should be around 6MB per hour. I will be saving only important calls and deleting the general BS ones. So it shouldn't be a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci