Why isn't my music playing through my car speakers using S Voice?

hanginghelmet

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Music not playing through car speakers using S Voice

Hello everyone, I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze and a Samsung Galaxy S5. I have enabled car mode using S Voice. All my texts and phone calls are playing through my car speakers. But when I try to play my music the sound will only come through the phone speakers and I want to play it through the car speakers. Can anyone help?? Thanks in advance for everyone's help!!

Jones Andrew

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Music not playing through car speakers using S Voice

I have heard people raise similar complaints. Mostly, the issue is usually with the media volume setting being too low to be projected on the car speakers. Again, try to check the file format in which your music is. However, you can consider having your car system checked.

hanginghelmet

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the answer but I don't think the volume setting on the phone would have anything to do with it playing through the car speakers. And I don't know what would be wrong with the car system as I do get the sound on text messages and calls as I said. Thanks for trying though much appreciated!!

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

I had this exact same problem with a rental car a couple of months ago. It was a 2013 Chevy Impala. I noticed, that when the BT connected, it ONLY connected phone audio, not media. I could get texts and calls, but could not play my podcasts, music, etc.

Delete the pairing, delete the device from the car, and re-pair it. You will most likely see, once you connect, that the "your vehicle" that it connects to will ONLY show "connected to phone audio". On my Ford Flex and other rental cars, it will show "connected to phone audio and media".

This is a feature of the car's audio system (or lack thereof) and nothing wrong with your phone. Go yell at your dealer for selling you a car with a crappy sound system. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Maybe they can update the firmware or something on it....