Number dial/tone pad not registering on Automated calls

LionheartedNJ

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello, can someone help me trouble shoot this?

When I call my bank or like say a customer service number and it's automated where I have to press the number dial pad on my phone to enter information, I can never get my dial pad to work correctly. When I press on the numbers, it doesn't make a sound.

So what I did was go into my sound settings and then into "Other sounds" and selected "Dialing keypad tone" but that didn't solve my problem. So again from the "Other Sounds" section I scrolled down and selected "Call" and then went into "Ringtones and keypad tones". The option "Dialing keypad tone" is already selected so that didn't solve my issue

At this point I'm stuck and I can't find any info on this online so hopefully someone here can help me out. This is super annoying.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you complaining specifically about the lack of tones, or are you saying that you cannot enter numbers at all during these calls?

LionheartedNJ

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Can not enter numbers. When I press the button it makes a sound but the tone isn't picking up on the automated call.

You know how you call the doctors office or your bank and the automated operator ask you to Press 1 for "such and such". Press 2 for "such and such". Press 3 for "such and such". You understand?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Okay, interesting.

FWIW, I don't think it is a "sound" issue per se.

Are you using the stock dialer/phone app? Who is your carrier?

Have you installed any oddball utilities? Keyboards? Notification managers? LED managers?

LionheartedNJ

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I am using the stock phone app. I am using a app called Go Keyboard 2015, I'm not using the stock keyboard on my phone. But I recently downloaded that app. This issue with my phone I've been having since I first purchased it and that was around Christmas week.

My carrier is Go Smart mobile. it's prepaid but they use T-mobile towers from what I was told.