My galaxy s5 was working fine until recently it no longer can connect to WiFi.

When in the WiFi settings screen and sliding the on/off switch to on it goes to on and turns green but is a faded or more translucent than before and never connects to WiFi, upon leaving the screen and returning to WiFi settings the on/off is back to off. When in the pull down settings and pressing the WiFi button there is the same result, green but faded and stuck never turns on.

I have already looked on this forum and elsewhere for a solution and nothing has helped.

Things I have tried:

turning the phone off then on.

removing the battery

resetting both my modem and my router

returning to other known networks

factory resetting the phone

now I have a reset phone that can't update and I lost most of my files... Still no WiFi

someone pls halp
    02-21-2016 09:28 AM
    My galaxy s5 was working fine until recently it no longer can connect to WiFi.

When in the WiFi settings screen and sliding the on/off switch to on it goes to on and turns green but is a faded or more translucent than before and never connects to WiFi, upon leaving the screen and returning to WiFi settings the on/off is back to off. When in the pull down settings and pressing the WiFi button there is the same result, green but faded and stuck never turns on.

I have already looked on this forum and elsewhere for a solution and nothing has helped.

Things I have tried:

turning the phone off then on.

removing the battery

resetting both my modem and my router

returning to other known networks

factory resetting the phone

now I have a reset phone that can't update and I lost most of my files... Still no WiFi
    [/B][/B]
    someone pls halp
    "now I have a reset phone that can't update and I lost most of my files... Still no WiFi"

What is your model and your exact firmware details as per #1.2 and #1.8 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide?
    02-22-2016 04:21 AM
    You might have to reflash your phone or even worse, replace the motherboard/modem if damaged.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    02-22-2016 09:06 AM