Storage Space Problem Samsung Galaxy S5

schadbourne

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I've had a notification that my phone is running out of storage space. I have an SD card in the phone, and the entire card is practically empty. My photos are being saved to a cloud system, I don't have any music on my phone, I have uninstalled almost every app possible and I'm still getting this storage space message. I don't know how to transfer data to the SD card. On my last phone I simply put the SD in and I was prompted to transfer data. That did not happen with this phone. I need a system update but there is no room! I have disabled apps that I'm unable to uninstall and I'm not sure what else I can do to fix this problem.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I've had a notification that my phone is running out of storage space. I have an SD card in the phone, and the entire card is practically empty. My photos are being saved to a cloud system, I don't have any music on my phone, I have uninstalled almost every app possible and I'm still getting this storage space message. I don't know how to transfer data to the SD card. On my last phone I simply put the SD in and I was prompted to transfer data. That did not happen with this phone. I need a system update but there is no room! I have disabled apps that I'm unable to uninstall and I'm not sure what else I can do to fix this problem.

Hello and welcome to Android Central schadbourne!

The first thing to check is your external SD card as there are loads of fake/clone cards flooding the web. Download, free from the Play Store, SD Insight, and check that your card is genuine.

jrijr

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello and welcome to Android Central schadbourne!

The first thing to check is your external SD card as there are loads of fake/clone cards flooding the web. Download, free from the Play Store, SD Insight, and check that your card is genuine.

Following, because I have similar issues. I downloaded the SD Insight, and it tells me I have a Samsung 32 GB SD Card. I should be okay... so how do transfer to the SD card?

schadbourne

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I purchased the SD card at Best Buy. It is a Sandisk brand card. I am not able to download the app you suggested because of the storage space issues.

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I went to "my files" and I clicked the three dots in the corner, but there is no option to transfer data.
It is fairly intuitive.
Go to the my files app. Choose device storage. Press the three dots in the upper right corner and choose "select". Check the box of the file you want to move. Press the three dots again and choose "move".
You will have to create a file on the SD card to move it to.

Yea, heavy and a bottle of bread.

schadbourne

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
It is fairly intuitive.
Go to the my files app. Choose device storage. Press the three dots in the upper right corner and choose "select". Check the box of the file you want to move. Press the three dots again and choose "move".

Thank you!

jrijr

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
It is fairly intuitive.

This worked well for me. I may need to do a factory reset on my S5, and I have my photos, videos and contacts backed up on the SD card. Much appreciated for the tutorial!

VicLC2016

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I am also having thus issue but not due to data that I can move to the SD card but due the high level of capacity used by the system and pre installed apps that keep getting bigger with every update particularly samsung text to speech engine and Google text to speech engine. I have to keep uninstalling updates and disabling those that will let me. I probably have around 4 GB max of my own downloaded apps and all music, photos, docs etc. Are on the SD card. I didn't seem to have such and issue on my S4 even though the internal memory is the same. Looking to maybe early upgrade to the S7. Will 32GB be enough with expandable memory for photos etc. ? S5 is 16 but in reality it is about 4!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz