I know the issue has arisen in the past, but I'd like to have a thread in case there is something new out there.

I just bought a used GS5 on eBay a week ago and it seems to work as well as it should. However, the possibility of using it for geocaching seems to be pointless. Everything is up to date and I have installed GPS Status and it is over 160 feet off. I used an iphone 5s and it's nearly spot on, but mine ends up in the middle of a parking lot. All settings are at what is recommended everywhere but it does me no good. I bought it with the intention of being able to do it from time to time, but I am considering returning it if there is no fix.

Any ideas?
    02-27-2016 04:31 PM
    I know the issue has arisen in the past, but I'd like to have a thread in case there is something new out there.

I just bought a used GS5 on eBay a week ago and it seems to work as well as it should. However, the possibility of using it for geocaching seems to be pointless. Everything is up to date and I have installed GPS Status and it is over 160 feet off. I used an iphone 5s and it's nearly spot on, but mine ends up in the middle of a parking lot. All settings are at what is recommended everywhere but it does me no good. I bought it with the intention of being able to do it from time to time, but I am considering returning it if there is no fix.

Any ideas?
    Hello and welcome to Android Central Sjbrake!

Take a look at...

GPS fix S5 - Dummies Guide

Also, as your phone is used, download, free from the Play Store, Phone Tester (hardware info) and check that your GPS status is functioning correctly.
    02-27-2016 04:53 PM
    I've done all of this but the accuracy is well off for geocaching. I can get 12 or 13 satellites out of 22 in seconds and all of the recommended settings.
    02-27-2016 06:17 PM