5-in-1 MicroUSB work for broken Samsung Galaxy S5?

A

AC Question

I didn't really know how to title this question, sorry. So I dropped my Samsung Galaxy S5 and broke the LCD. The phone works but my screen is completely black and the touch is unresponsive. I would like to retrieve some of the data on my phone (this will teach me to regularly back my data up!). I was wondering if anyone has tried one of those 5-in-1 usb connectors that allow you to plug in an HDMI cord and a USB device, such as a mouse? I would like to use one of those and get into my phone so I was wondering if it works. Thanks.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I didn't really know how to title this question, sorry. So I dropped my Samsung Galaxy S5 and broke the LCD. The phone works but my screen is completely black and the touch is unresponsive. I would like to retrieve some of the data on my phone (this will teach me to regularly back my data up!). I was wondering if anyone has tried one of those 5-in-1 usb connectors that allow you to plug in an HDMI cord and a USB device, such as a mouse? I would like to use one of those and get into my phone so I was wondering if it works. Thanks.
Welcome to Android Central!

It's going to be very difficult to get the data off the phone without fixing the LCD. You need to at least be able to see the connection pop up on the phone to accept it. You can maybe try an HDMI MHL adapter to connect to a TV.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae