Hello,

I have a Galaxy 5, I've taken lots of videos over the last month or so. It was only just today when I tried to view the videos when I realized the video recording doesn't work.

The phone will play back the recorded video for about 30 seconds. Then it errors out saying "Incorrect data unable to play video". I have tried to forums , this is seeming a common problem. But there doesnt appear to be any solutions.

One suggestion was to download a VLC playback. Tried this it doesnt work. The video gets to the part where it errors out on the stock video program. then the screen turns green on the VLC Program.

Can someone help with this..Its annoying and largely upsetting and for sure if these videos are lost. I will sue the **** out of someone.
    03-01-2016 06:58 PM
    Hello,

I have a Galaxy 5, I've taken lots of videos over the last month or so. It was only just today when I tried to view the videos when I realized the video recording doesn't work.

The phone will play back the recorded video for about 30 seconds. Then it errors out saying "Incorrect data unable to play video". I have tried to forums , this is seeming a common problem. But there doesnt appear to be any solutions.

One suggestion was to download a VLC playback. Tried this it doesnt work. The video gets to the part where it errors out on the stock video program. then the screen turns green on the VLC Program.

Can someone help with this..Its annoying and largely upsetting and for sure if these videos are lost. I will sue the **** out of someone.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried moving the videos to your PC to see if they play properly? Another option is being then up to your Gmail account via Google Photos app.
    03-01-2016 07:22 PM