Verizon S5 update.... Sadly not Marshmallow

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I just got an update pushed to my phone, but it was just the security updates, which they haven't done for months, so I take that as Verizon saying Marshmallow is going to be a while or else why not do it all at once....

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I just saw the update notice and was hoping it was marshmallow but after reading the description I determined it probably wasn't. Came here to verify and sure enough it's not. I either read or heard earlier today that the s5 should get marshmallow I'm in May.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Samsung isn't even releasing Marshmallow for the S5 until mid-May so I don't know why everyone is so "oh, oh, awwww..." about updates. And then the carrier versions will be months after that because they need to "test" and "tweak" and "bloat" the software to their own likings.

Just be glad you at least have the promised security update. I'm in Canada and haven't seen anything come out for mine since October 15. "Monthly security updates"... bah....

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Have been on the initial stock Samsung release of Marshmallow with the FEB: 2016 security update, for my unbranded S5, G900F, for almost a month now and anticipate a roll out of Android 6.0.1 to other CSC codes for the Global model, in the next 3 weeks or so. Releases for the carrier minority variants will be at the carriers discretion.

Last edited: