Software Version: LRX21T.G900VVRU2BPB1?

snratwork

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Software Version: LRX21T.G900VVRU2BPB1

I'm getting a software update install message for my Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon) this morning for Software Version: LRX21T.G900VVRU2BPB1.
Has anyone installed it and any feedback/problems? Don't want to install in case it's still buggy.
Thanks

rastaman01

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Software Version: LRX21T.G900VVRU2BPB1

I got mine too this morning and I'm only hesitant to update because I want to keep root (if ROM is not rooted I understand you lose root and have to go through the motions of downgrading, etc, which is a royal pain). Anyone have any suggestions or point me to the rooted version of the rom to flash on FlashFire?

With the current version (OK3) I've had so many issues with the SD card being removed for no reason, not able to remount, etc. I just hope this actually fixes things.

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
What is specifically being addressed in this update? Or is it one of those things like updating virus definitions where there are no real specifics to talk about?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
What is specifically being addressed in this update? Or is it one of those things like updating virus definitions where there are no real specifics to talk about?

Correct. There is no increase to the firmwares changelist. Just a combination of the Google security update for Android for February and Samsung's security update for your model. Verizon has not offered an actual firmware update, (increased changelist), since April 2015!!!

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

No bugs here for mine. Faster app switching is the only actual benefit I've noticed, aside from the security update. I'm assuming you would lose root if you're rooted.

Posted via the Android Central App

Recederguy

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

I'm still confirming but I think it fixed my GPS accuracy. For over a year now my Map My Run app was tracking about .25 mile off from my wife's iPhone when we ran side by side. Today for the first time our phones are now in sync after this upgrade. I'll know for sure after a few more runs.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

I'm still confirming but I think it fixed my GPS accuracy. For over a year now my Map My Run app was tracking about .25 mile off from my wife's iPhone when we ran side by side. Today for the first time our phones are now in sync after this upgrade. I'll know for sure after a few more runs.

Hello and welcome to Android central Recederguy

Glad that your GPS has improved but it will not be because of this security update, (it may have cleared your cache partition during the update), as described in post #6, above, Verizon has not offered a firmware update for almost a year now. This release, PB1, is on exactly the same, very old, changelist as OD5, released in April 2015. Changelist #4782027.

See, also, GPS fix S5 - Dummies Guide

serenityzone

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I received the updated yesterday morning at 8:30am. Since then my phone has rebooted at least 30 times on its own, it will not wake up from hibernation, requiring battery pulls, the phone is burning hot and will freeze/lock up and then automatically reboot itself. A call to Verizon put me in touch with a Samsung representative who suggested a factory reset - but this is a work phone.

Any suggestions???

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I received the updated yesterday morning at 8:30am. Since then my phone has rebooted at least 30 times on its own, it will not wake up from hibernation, requiring battery pulls, the phone is burning hot and will freeze/lock up and then automatically reboot itself. A call to Verizon put me in touch with a Samsung representative who suggested a factory reset - but this is a work phone.

Any suggestions???

Hello and welcome to Android Central serenityzone!

Before doing a Factory Data Reset, try clearing your phone's cache partition instead, as per #1.3 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide

serenityzone

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
So after taking it in to Samsung and having them flash the OS onto the phone, after 2 tries it still did not work. Phone says version 5.0, software update said 5.1. So we decided to do the FDR, and my phone is next to me on it's 3rd self-reboot (correction now on the 4th) after a battery pull to wake the phone up. This update has rendered my phone completely useless.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
So after taking it in to Samsung and having them flash the OS onto the phone, after 2 tries it still did not work. Phone says version 5.0, software update said 5.1. So we decided to do the FDR, and my phone is next to me on it's 3rd self-reboot (correction now on the 4th) after a battery pull to wake the phone up. This update has rendered my phone completely useless.

Strange! The latest update for the Verizon, G900V, model, PB1, is still only Android 5.0.

Model SM-G900V
Model name GALAXY S5
Country USA (Verizon)
Version Android 5.0
Changelist 4782027
Build date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 11:52:32 +0000
Product code VZW
PDA G900VVRU2BPB1
CSC G900VVZW2BPB1

serenityzone

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
What's also interesting is that Samsung does not have the OTA update that was pushed out to my phone? They have an older version? How would Samsung not have their update?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2