Hello everyone

Since I've had my s5 I've had this really irritating issue with my mic. Basically during a call the other person can hardly hear me, even if my mouth is right next to the mic, however if I select speaker phone, and keep my mouth in the same place they can hear me perfectly. Cannot find a fix for this anywhere. Says to me that it's a software issue. Would installing a custom ROM fix this? If so which would you recommend that will allow me to get max performance from my s5?

Thanks in advance.
    03-06-2016 04:48 AM
    I hope I'm wrong, but if you always had this issue, it could be hardware.
    I guess I'm too late to ask this but, why didn't you exchange it or return it as soon as you noticed the problem?
    Anyway, I don't root, so I'll ask the other ambassadors.
    03-06-2016 05:32 AM
    As Stargate points out, if you have had this issue since receiving the phone, it is likely to be a hardware problem which a custom ROM will not fix. If you live in Europe, your phone has a 2 year warranty and you could request a repair. Alternatively, rather than rooting your phone, you could download and re-flash your stock firmware for your model of phone, CSC and Product code, as per the instructions and video in #1.11 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide, to see if that fixes the problem.
    03-06-2016 06:12 AM
    Hello everyone

Since I've had my s5 I've had this really irritating issue with my mic. Basically during a call the other person can hardly hear me, even if my mouth is right next to the mic, however if I select speaker phone, and keep my mouth in the same place they can hear me perfectly. Cannot find a fix for this anywhere. Says to me that it's a software issue. Would installing a custom ROM fix this? If so which would you recommend that will allow me to get max performance from my s5?

Thanks in advance.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Try this, go to your dialer, top right tap the 3 dots, hit settings, find the noise reduction or noise cancellation and turn it off. See if that fixes it.
    03-06-2016 08:08 AM