Hi,

I'm really hoping somebody can help?

My wife dropped her phone on a night out at the weekend and now the screen has a funny grey/ green colour and you cannot do anything. (Its like a tv with no signal)

When connecting the phone to a laptop it is not recognised (Nothing happens)

I desperately need to get the photos off the phone and i'm wondering if there is absolutely anything I can do.

Help!

Thanks, Steve
    03-08-2016 12:00 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you power it on, does it vibrate or ring when you call it? If so, then only the screen is damaged. If the phone doesn't ring, then something more fundamental might be damaged on the motherboard.

Try this method to access the phone's storage: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...ed-screen.html
    03-08-2016 12:21 PM
    Hi,

The phone screen isnt really cracked or damaged, it just displays a green fuzzy screen and when you plug a charger into it, it just constantly vibrates (like when you plug a charger in) but nothing new happens with the screen.

??

Thanks, Steve
    03-08-2016 12:29 PM
    Hi, The phone cannot really be powered up - when I connect a charger to it it just vibrates (Like when you connect a charger) constantly over and over again and the screen doesn't do anything (It just stays green) The screen isnt really damaged..

I plugged it in all night the other night and it was just doing the funny vibrating over and over again and when I picked it up in the morning it was boiling hot.. (I mean you could fry an egg on it)

Thanks, Steve
    03-08-2016 12:43 PM
    Sorry, but that doesn't sound too good. Have you tried a different or new battery?
    03-08-2016 02:11 PM
    I plugged it in all night the other night and it was just doing the funny vibrating over and over again and when I picked it up in the morning it was boiling hot.. (I mean you could fry an egg on it)
    Yeah I absolutely would not have left a phone switching from CHARGE to NOT CHARGE over and over for 8 hours. Hopefully you did not damage the phone further.

Dumb question but does the phone have an SD card? Are the photos stored on the card? If so, remove the card and transfer the photos directly to your PC.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-08-2016 03:32 PM