GoSMS on the Galaxy S5

s_barton0210

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I have been having a screen flicker on my phone when it goes to dim screen before it goes to sleep. After trying a few things I decided to do a hard reset. I did the message backup in the GoSMS app, then reset my phone. When I went to restore the messages the app said the restore did not exist. Is there any way to find out where the messages went and get them back? There were a lot of sentimental messages that I need to get back.:'(

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been having a screen flicker on my phone when it goes to dim screen before it goes to sleep. After trying a few things I decided to do a hard reset. I did the message backup in the GoSMS app, then reset my phone. When I went to restore the messages the app said the restore did not exist. Is there any way to find out where the messages went and get them back? There were a lot of sentimental messages that I need to get back.:'(

Welcome to Android Central!

When you did the reset it might have wiped your internal storage as well. If you did not back the messages up to the cloud you might have lost the backup. I would use your file explorer app to see if you can locate the backup file.