this one
    www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IZ1XVAC?ie=UTF8&ref_=de_a_smtd&showDetailTechData=1#technical-data

I use my Lumia 928 (Verizon) on Tmo. never had LTE on it, but above phone is for my little bro. so I would to know will he have any problems with it, and will LTE work?

thanx
    03-15-2016 04:04 PM
    this one
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...technical-data

I use my Lumia 928 (Verizon) on Tmo. never had LTE on it, but above phone is for my little bro. so I would to know will he have any problems with it, and will LTE work?

thanx
    The Verizon CDMA carrier model, G900V, will be fully compatible with the T-Mobile (USA), GSM network on 2G and partially compatible on 3G (1900MHz) and 4G/LTE (Band4-AWS). However, the phone will not receive OTA updates unless it is registered on the Verizon network. See #1.6 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide
    03-15-2016 04:21 PM
    Also, there probably won't be any voice over wifi.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-15-2016 05:21 PM
    That's who I bought my phone from. Not relative to your question but I'll add that even though it said that it was used, it is in absolute mint condition.

They have a web site, too, with all kinds of different phones. All unlocked.

Used Cell Phones, Refurbished Cell Phones from CellularTrendz.com
    03-15-2016 06:03 PM
    Thanks for answers guys. rokemsokem I did not notice they have used only. thanx for mentioning that.
    Now. If Verizon's version isn't fully compatible with T-mobile, how about AT&T's version which is G900A?

T-mobile's own version is $100+ expensive that's why I'm looking for these two carriers.

and instead of starting separate thread, let me ask this too
    LG G3 - D855 (int. unlocked), Verizon, AT&T - which is more compatible with T-mobile (if I don't find its own version)

and by the way I dont care about OTA updates
    03-15-2016 09:44 PM
    Thanks for answers guys. rokemsokem I did not notice they have used only. thanx for mentioning that.
    Now. If Verizon's version isn't fully compatible with T-mobile, how about AT&T's version which is G900A?

T-mobile's own version is $100+ expensive that's why I'm looking for these two carriers.

and instead of starting separate thread, let me ask this too
    LG G3 - D855 (int. unlocked), Verizon, AT&T - which is more compatible with T-mobile (if I don't find its own version)
    I understand that you have a cheaper option on Amazon, but you really need to just get the Carrier Unlocked version. Not the Verizon version (SM-G900V). Not the AT&T version (SM-G900A). The international unlocked version (SM-G900F). Then it's a real phone that gets updates on T-Mobile. The alternative will leave you extremely unhappy.

and by the way I dont care about OTA updates
    If you get that phone, you will be stuck on Android Lollipop 5.0 forever with no security patches.
    ironass likes this.
    03-15-2016 09:51 PM
    The AT&T model, G900A, will work on T-Mobile (USA) network for 2G and partially on 3G on 1900MHz and 4G/LTE on Band4-AWS, Band2-1900MHz.

Like the Verizon model, it will only update on the AT&T network but unlike Verizon, it cannot be rooted and AT&T do not release their firmwares for flashing via Odin. Therefore, the AT&T phone will never receive Android Marshmallow or any future security updates. This is probably the reason that these 2 models are being offered so cheaply.
    03-15-2016 09:56 PM
    The international unlocked version (SM-G900F). Then it's a real phone that gets updates on T-Mobile. The alternative will leave you extremely unhappy.If you get that phone, you will be stuck on Android Lollipop 5.0 forever with no security patches.
    I really have no idea what's the difference between all Android OS versions. KitKat, Lollipop , Marshmallow, and now N(nugget was it?) they are all the same to me. Plus this phone for my 14yo brother, I doubt he knows more than I do about Android. We both have Windows Phone, but he just want's android now. So OTA updates are not a deal breaker for us.

Anyway, will this Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F Unlocked Cellphone, International Version, Retail Packaging, White: Cell Phones & Accessories int.version work with 4G at least? I know this is old but here it says it will have only 2G https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/...art=0&tstart=0
    03-16-2016 01:06 AM
    The international model, G900F, will be fully compatible with the T-Mobile (USA), GSM network on 2G and partially compatible on 3G (1900MHz) and 4G/LTE (Band2-1900MHz).

The problem with the U.S.A's network is that it is old and fragmented, the same as China's, and lacks overall, nationwide, coverage from all carriers. It operates on both the old CDMA and the worldwide GSM networks and each carrier has their own bandwidths and their own separate models of phone to operate on them. Therefore if you live in an area which has particularly good coverage from XYZ carrier, it pays to use the XYZ carrier model for full compatibility.
    03-16-2016 07:43 AM
    I really have no idea what's the difference between all Android OS versions. KitKat, Lollipop , Marshmallow, and now N(nugget was it?) they are all the same to me. Plus this phone for my 14yo brother, I doubt he knows more than I do about Android. We both have Windows Phone, but he just want's android now. So OTA updates are not a deal breaker for us
    Kitkat was 4.4. Lollipop is 5.0 (and 5.1.1). Marshmallow is 6.0 which is the latest version available. Verizon is stuck with 5.0. AT&T is stuck with 5.1.1. Imagine if you couldn't upgrade past Windows 95. That's what it means to have a phone that cannot be updated.
    The SM-G900F will work, but T-Mobile uses some funky frequency bands so you may have some limited accessibility.
    03-16-2016 11:13 AM