How to force Android 6 update on my S5?

amar7

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I have my UAE (Code XSG) S5 and Samsung hasn't released an update for like 8 months- :mad:, So now I'm thinking about trying it another way to force the update on my device. Android 6.0 is already out on a few devices as I heard, that I'd like to have installed, how can I make it?

Is there a way to root and update without a hard reset? Through Odin or something? Or to change the XSG to recieve the latest update?

cheers

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: How can I force update to Android 6.01 on my XSG Samsung Galaxy S5 G900-F ?

Hello,

I have my UAE (Code XSG) S5 and Samsung hasn't released an update for like 8 months- and I find Samsungs update policy very bad, So now I'm thinking about trying it another way to force the update on my device. Android 6.0 is already out on a few devices, that I'd like to have installed, how can I make it?

Is there a way to root and update without a hard reset? Through Odin or something? Or to change the XSG to recieve the latest update?

cheers :)

You cannot, "force", this update that is not for your CSC and Product code. There is an Odin flashable .tar package of the release for G900F models, at...

[DEV][CPB2][ODIN/ROM] S5/S6 Marshmallow 6.0.1 Installation Guide & Download [18/2]

(No root required. Full wipe+Factory Data Reset needed)

N.B. Please read all the instructions and posts, carefully and thoroughly, before proceeding. This method is for experienced and competent users. The thread mentioned above has been closed at the OP's request as he was fed up with too many idiots. ;)