Hi. I would like to know your opinions about which case I should buy. AFAIK, silicon, fabric (not sure about this one) and plastic are the best materials to keep the heat away. But in reality, are these materials make an actual difference? I would go for aluminum but it has issues with blocking antenna signals. Which case you would recommend to me? It really doesn't matter if it protects the phone or not. I only care about the overheating. Also please do not suggest something big. The S5 is big enough already. Thanks.
    03-16-2016 12:04 PM
    Hi. I would like to know your opinions about which case I should buy. AFAIK, silicon, fabric (not sure about this one) and plastic are the best materials to keep the heat away. But in reality, are these materials make an actual difference? I would go for aluminum but it has issues with blocking antenna signals. Which case you would recommend to me? It really doesn't matter if it protects the phone or not. I only care about the overheating. Also please do not suggest something big. The S5 is big enough already. Thanks.
    A case will not lower or reduce the overheating problems that you are experiencing in your other thread... The first firmware ever that came with the phone

If anything, encasing your phone in extra layers will exacerbate the overheating situation that you are already having.
    03-16-2016 12:18 PM
    Let's say I solved that problem. But I (especially me, forget the device ) still want to protection from the overheating at games. Which case you would recommend?
    03-16-2016 12:25 PM
    03-16-2016 12:41 PM
    Anyone?
    03-16-2016 12:44 PM
    Update!
    03-17-2016 05:21 AM
    First let me say that I do some heavy gaming and while the phone gets warm it has never overheated. I use a Ringke slim case. When I had a Spigen Neo hybrid case the phone never even felt warm but I'm guessing thats because the TPU layer held in the heat and it was actually hotter internally.

If you feel that you don't need a case then I would say just don't use a case. The more you can actually feel the heat means that heat is escaping at a faster rate.

Just my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth (less than 2 cents).
    karasahin likes this.
    03-17-2016 07:20 AM
    First let me say that I do some heavy gaming and while the phone gets warm it has never overheated. I use a Ringke slim case. When I had a Spigen Neo hybrid case the phone never even felt warm but I'm guessing thats because the TPU layer held in the heat and it was actually hotter internally.

If you feel that you don't need a case then I would say just don't use a case. The more you can actually feel the heat means that heat is escaping at a faster rate.

Just my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth (less than 2 cents).
    I really appreciate your comment.

Do you feel warm while using the Ringke Slim Case? I might go for a similar one as well.

True, It was never overheating for me as well (I bought the S5 for this big reason) before the firmware update messed it up. I really don't mind about little overheating but it prevents me from holding the phone properly. It slips through because of greasy and oily sides caused by overheating. This is the main reason I want a case that prevent slipping and/or prevent overheating.
    03-17-2016 08:00 AM
    I really appreciate your comment.

Do you feel warm while using the Ringke Slim Case? I might go for a similar one as well.

True, It was never overheating for me as well (I bought the S5 for this big reason) before the firmware update messed it up. I really don't mind about little overheating but it prevents me from holding the phone properly. It slips through because of greasy and oily sides caused by overheating. This is the main reason I want a case that prevent slipping and/or prevent overheating.
    Get the Ringke slim case. It's nice and grippy and you will not be disappointed. I do feel heat through this case, an indication that heat is escaping from the phone.
    03-17-2016 10:37 AM
    Get the Ringke slim case. It's nice and grippy and you will not be disappointed. I do feel heat through this case, an indication that heat is escaping from the phone.
    Do you have the textured version or flat? I like the cooper gold color but not textured one. My fear is that flat surface of this case might be slippery.

Edit: I just saw Spigen's Ultra Fit Case and I might also go for this one. It costs same price as the Ringke slim case.
    03-22-2016 10:34 AM
    Do you have the textured version or flat? I like the cooper gold color but not textured one. My fear is that flat surface of this case might be slippery.

Edit: I just saw Spigen's Ultra Fit Case and I might also go for this one. It costs same price as the Ringke slim case.
    Sorry I only just saw this post. I have the flat black Ringke slim. A coworker of mine has the Spigen case that is the equivalent of the Rengke and it is not as grippy. I strongly recommend the Rengke while acknowledging that Spigen makes fantastic cases.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    04-01-2016 12:34 PM