Why did studio stop working on gallery menu?

A

AC Question

I took a picture . It is in gallery. When I click on studio I get stopped working. Turned phone and off several times. New upgrade to phone early March
Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Do you mean that it got a system update earlier this month?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try going to the App Manager, select Studio or Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open Gallery again, wait a few seconds for the database to refresh, and see if it works now.

If not, try wiping the cache partition, which can be useful after system updates. You won't lose any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404

Tritonemusic

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I just noticed this post in a thread about the same issue in the Verizon/Galaxy S5 forum:

We want your devices to work flawlessly. We are aware of the issue. A fix for the issue is under review and will be included in the next Software Update (SU9) for this device. The tentative release date is under review.
RobertH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Uwyo92

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I found a solution for the Studio problem: I selected "EDIT" rather than "Studio" from the 3-dot pop-down menu that opens in the upper corner of pictures being viewed in Gallery Photos. When I select "Edit" I get the same great options for editing pictures as I would get in Studio. My phone is a Samsung S5 (SM-G900V) . Discovered solution after 6 weeks of not being able to use Studio. I contacted Samsung Live Chat and they cleared cache, data and completed 2 Factory Resets and one Hard Boot reset. Studio simply does not work following the Feb 28, 2016 software update. It responds with box "Unfortunately Studio has stopped". Hope that helps you!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2