05-03-2016 06:40 AM
34 12
tools
    App developers are going to refuse to set a setting that mostly just annoys people who will still move the app to their SD card?
    Umm..yea

They wouldn't want their app to suffer performance degradation based on the read/write speeds of the SD card
    03-23-2016 02:52 PM
    Having gotten my first Samsung device, the S5 just a little before the switch to marshmallow was made, I have to say the difference was very noticeable and very good. Battery lasts much longer than it used to. With Verizon, though, there is tons of bloatware. Most of which I can easily disable, though, so, not too big a deal.
    I didn't know that Verizon pushed the update to any S5's. I'm not expecting anything until at least May.
    03-25-2016 11:57 AM
    I didn't know that Verizon pushed the update to any S5's. I'm not expecting anything until at least May.
    See #1.6 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide
    03-25-2016 12:25 PM
    Yes, I understand #1.6. I have the Verizon variant (SM-G900V) of the s5. I was just surprised that Verizon would have pushed an update for the s5, if that is what happened.
    03-26-2016 08:33 PM
    Yes, I understand #1.6. I have the Verizon variant (SM-G900V) of the s5. I was just surprised that Verizon would have pushed an update for the s5, if that is what happened.
    The Verizon model, G900V, has not received Marshmallow yet. The most recent update, PB1, is for a security patch for Android 5.0.
    03-26-2016 08:49 PM
    The Verizon model, G900V, has not received Marshmallow yet. The most recent update, PB1, is for a security patch for Android 5.0.
    Oh, gotcha. I had interpreted the post (#15) from ApprenticeSecond72 as a claim of receiving the marshmallow update from Verizon on an s5. Probably just my confusion. Thanks ironass.
    ironass and BlurryEyed like this.
    03-26-2016 09:01 PM
    As I understand it Marshmallow allows restriction of services to apps. Does it work?

I need to understand why the Walgreens app needs access to the flashlight, prevent the phone from sleeping, change my audio settings or pair with Bluetooth devices. Or why the Wall Streeet Journal app needs NFC, read the phone status and identity, etc.

I can't wait to prevent apps from using certain services. Come on, Verizon get going on the S5 version.
    03-27-2016 12:34 PM
    As I understand it Marshmallow allows restriction of services to apps. Does it work?

I need to understand why the Walgreens app needs access to the flashlight, prevent the phone from sleeping, change my audio settings or pair with Bluetooth devices. Or why the Wall Streeet Journal app needs NFC, read the phone status and identity, etc.

I can't wait to prevent apps from using certain services. Come on, Verizon get going on the S5 version.
    That is one of the main features I'm looking forward to with Marshmallow. Hope that Verizon actually gets the update out sometime soon.
    03-27-2016 09:45 PM
    Some S5s have gotten Marshmallow 6.0.1 and I have to ask, how has it been so far?

Posted via the Android Central App
    I noticed something strange when I updated my S5 on the Telus network in Canada and have the Google Now Launcher running. Not all of Samsungs app icons changed to the new rounded style icons. Some did, but not the icons for the camera, messages, or my files. These are the same as they were in Lollipop. They're round if I switch back to the Touchwiz launcher tough. And just as strange, I updated my wifes S5 (same network) which also has the Google Now Launcher running but all of the Samsung icons on her phone have switched to the new rounded style. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Google Now Launcher on my phone, clearing cache, restarts, etc but nothing seems to change those icons to the new ones. It's a minor issue but anyone else have this happen on their S5?
    05-03-2016 06:40 AM
34 12