Hi, I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 from a friend of mine, i installed the sim card, upgraded my data and started to use the phone. I have browsed, Google and called my carrier. The data network is so slow nothing works, when I called my service provider they ran a test and said it should be super fast. We changed the APN, cleared cached apps, factory reset the phone twice, every suggestion on the Internet has been done and alas it still is slow. The WiFi works, slightly sluggish but it works and I can actually use the phone. But when it's off nothing that requires data works. I can call and text but that's all. I can't send it back obviously since I bought it from a friend. Any suggestions on what's wrong or how to fix this? It practically useless without wifi.
    03-21-2016 11:55 AM
    Hi, I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 from a friend of mine, i installed the sim card, upgraded my data and started to use the phone. I have browsed, Google and called my carrier. The data network is so slow nothing works, when I called my service provider they ran a test and said it should be super fast. We changed the APN, cleared cached apps, factory reset the phone twice, every suggestion on the Internet has been done and alas it still is slow. The WiFi works, slightly sluggish but it works and I can actually use the phone. But when it's off nothing that requires data works. I can call and text but that's all. I can't send it back obviously since I bought it from a friend. Any suggestions on what's wrong or how to fix this? It practically useless without wifi.
    Hello and welcome to Android Central lalalairruh!

Thank you for your post.

There are currently 42 different models of the Samsung Galaxy S5 and over 4,000 different stock Samsung firmware versions, worldwide, covering 7 different Android platforms, Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4, Android 5.0, Android 5.0.1, Android 5.0.2, Android 5.1.1 and Android 6.0.1. Not all issues will affect all models or firmware releases and your answers to the following questions will help in the forum's answers to your specific query.

#1. Could you post your Model number and Android version...

To locate these, go to...

Settings > More > About device > Model number and Android version

This will give you the model of Samsung Galaxy S5 that you have and which Android version you are on.

#2. Your current Firmware, (not just Baseband), version .

To locate your current firmware version, go to the stock, Samsung, dial pad and type in...

*#1234#

This will give you your, "Version", details in full, usually 3 lines of information, AP: CP: CSC:, which may all be relevant.

*** If code *#1234# has been disabled on your firmware, you can download and install, free from the Play Store, Phone Info Samsung and it will give you, under Firmware... PDA, CSC and Baseband, versions as well as your Product code under the CSC CODE heading.

#3. Also helpful would be your carrier, (service provider), location, (UK, India, Russia, USA, etc: ), and if your phone is rooted or not and running a custom ROM, (give details).

Thanks. The above helps us to help you and hopefully someone will be able to reply to you shortly.
    03-21-2016 12:14 PM