Recovering Data After a Factory Reset?

A

AC Question

Recovering Data After a Factory Reset

My apologies in advance if this has been asked many times before. My Galaxy S5 somehow managed to do a factory reset from my pocket over the weekend. In the past, my phone has made calls from my pocket and deleted select random pictures, but this is by far the worst and most unexpected thing. I lost everything on my phone, including over 6 months of valued photos. I know, I know--I should have backed everything up or synced online, but I did not. Further the phone does not have a SIM card. I'm ready to move on and start installing apps and taking new pictures. However, before doing this I want to rule out even the remote possibility of retrieving this information. I've talked to a local data recovery company that states that if I don't use the phone that they may be able to recover the data. They estimate that this could likely cost as much as $1500 to do. I'm actually considering following up on this as I would be willing to pay that much to get everything back. However, I don't want to hold out hope or even pay for an initial assessment fee ($150) if ultimately this would be futile. Can anyone tell me if there is in fact a way to recover data under this scenario or if I'm wasting my time?

inner_vision

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
There may be a chance, but I would hope that phone companies learn from there mistakes...most of the time.
www[dot]androidpit[dot]com/why-a-factory-reset-doesn-t-wipe-all-your-data (I'm one post away from being able to post links)
As the article says, the study did not test devices 4.4 and above, but you might have a chance of retrieving things if master tokens are able to be found.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie