Yesterday I had taken a bunch of pictures and was hoping to download some of them to Facebook later that evening. Well, when I tried to pull the pictures up, they just weren't there anymore. I thought I may have re-formatted the SD card by accident while it was in my pocket etc. Then I tried inserting the card into my spouse's Samsung Galaxy S5 (the exact same phone) and Voila! There were all my pictures. I have tried to power-off, restart, etc and my phone refuses to display the pictures. It says that there is no SD card inserted. I have made sure it was clicking in and there is nothing visible in the way of the card slot reader. Help!
    03-26-2016 01:12 PM
    Yesterday I had taken a bunch of pictures and was hoping to download some of them to Facebook later that evening. Well, when I tried to pull the pictures up, they just weren't there anymore. I thought I may have re-formatted the SD card by accident while it was in my pocket etc. Then I tried inserting the card into my spouse's Samsung Galaxy S5 (the exact same phone) and Voila! There were all my pictures. I have tried to power-off, restart, etc and my phone refuses to display the pictures. It says that there is no SD card inserted. I have made sure it was clicking in and there is nothing visible in the way of the card slot reader. Help!
    Hello and welcome to Android Central Kacie Boo!

First and foremost, backup any information, data, photo's music, etc; from your SD card to your PC before doing anything else. There are some suggested backup methods in, Backup! Backup! Backup! NOW!

Next, download and install, free from the Google Play Store, SD Insight, and run the app to check your SD card's integrity.
    03-26-2016 02:23 PM
    I have massive sd card issues. It has slowed down my boot time dramatically and apps get deleted for some reason. I will only have the grayed out app shortcut left.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-27-2016 12:50 AM
    I have massive sd card issues. It has slowed down my boot time dramatically and apps get deleted for some reason. I will only have the grayed out app shortcut left.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I culled apps that I barely use, moved the rest back to internal storage, moved all my photos to the cloud and unmounted my SD card. Not only do I never again have to constantly move apps back to SD after app updates (as apps by default are moved back to internal storage) but my S5 is now running significantly faster.

I remember reading a rant by the head of Motorola against SD cards in which he challenges people to take out their SD cards and compare the performance difference. I have tried and agree. SD cards slow the phone down. I will never bother with SD cards again.
    03-27-2016 05:49 AM
    My phone storage keeps dropping dramatically. I'm trying to figure out what's causing it. That's why I just keep everything I can on my sd.
    03-27-2016 07:46 PM
    My phone storage keeps dropping dramatically. I'm trying to figure out what's causing it. That's why I just keep everything I can on my sd.
    Have you checked your card as per post #2?
    03-27-2016 08:28 PM
    I didn't catch that. Gonna try it, thanks!
    03-27-2016 09:15 PM