04-03-2016 03:40 AM
28 12
tools
    Say what you like about the U.S. Galaxy S5 models but they are nothing compared to the slow motion train wreck that is unfolding for the U.S. Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge customers.

U.S. carrier S7 models have locked bootloaders and no rooting

US models, poor battery, audio and slow

Never has the difference between what the U.S.A. gets compared to the rest of the world, been so great.
    That S7 does look sweet. I don't like the Edge version, though. I like that regular S7. I keep telling myself that I won't buy another Samsung but I don't know. If I do, it'll definitely be an International version. I like to be carrier free. I'm okay with this Canadian variant of the S5 for now. It doesn't have any bloatware or anything like that and the bootloader is unlocked if I ever need it to be. And it is a very fast device.

Of course, if our corporate overlords in the U.S. have any say so in it, their little TPP might put you guys in the same boat as U.S. consumers.
    04-02-2016 10:00 PM
    Off topic but my son just brought home an iPhone 6s yesterday. I can't get over how similar it looks to the S7. I thought it was an S7 at first.
    04-02-2016 10:06 PM
    That is a shame. The S7 is a very beautiful and comfortable phone to hold . So much good and apparently they dropped the ball.
    I agree with you. It is only because both the U.S.A. and China have fragmented networks and both still cling to their large CDMA networks, that the Qualcomm Snapdragon chip, which has a built-in CDMA modem, is even used, for those two countries.

More importantly for some users, is the fact that, unlike all other countries of the world, all the U.S. phones have the new mega locked down bootloader that we have so far only seen on the AT&T and Verizon models. That came as a shock to me and I am sure, a lot of other users. If nothing else, it emphasises the control that the U.S. carriers continue to have over the phone manufacturers and their customers. It also may explain the iPhone's continued popularity in the U.S. whilst it flat lines in the rest of the world.

Off topic but my son just brought home an iPhone 6s yesterday. I can't get over how similar it looks to the S7. I thought it was an S7 at first.
    That's evolution for you. The more things change... the more they stay the same.
    Failure2Comply and Feldon like this.
    04-03-2016 03:40 AM
28 12