What is the deal with my S5 not being compatible with Samsung apps in the Play Store?

rokemsokem

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
For example, if I open Play Store and look through all of my installed apps, the Play Store tells me that I have Samsung Music installed. So, yeah. Great. I use that app often and I like it. Anyway, when I click on the app's listing on the Play Store, it tells me that there is a new version. Except that it also tells me that my S5 isn't compatible with this new version.

So, what is Samsung doing?

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyway, when I click on the app's listing on the Play Store, it tells me that there is a new version. Except that it also tells me that my S5 isn't compatible with this new version.

So, what is Samsung doing?
Most likely the new version isn't compatible with the newest version of Android - and wouldn't give you anything if it were. Remember, there are at least 5 different domestic (North America) versions of the phone, and about a dozen (or more) versions altogether. Changing a function to work better with one piece of hardware could have nothing to do with the other 11 versions.

Secondly, if you're seeing this using the phone you want to upgrade, someone (the author) set things up wrong. A phone shouldn't see an app it's not compatible with.

There will always be updates to apps, and older (even by weeks) phones that aren't compatible with them. There will always be newer versions of phones. If you always want the newest phone available, you'll be buying a phone about 30 times a year. (The same is true of cars, except that they don't announce a "new version" that gets 0.001mpg more. But your brand new S7 might not be Bluetooth compatible with your newest car electronics, because the phone is new, but the car is 3 weeks old.)

rokemsokem

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Oddly enough, the stock Samsung Internet app just updated on my S5. Of course, just a couple of days ago Play Store was telling me that the new version of the Samsung Internet app was incompatible with my phone much th same as the Samsung Music app. The only thing that has changed since then is that Play Store updated to a new version.

Anyway. It's likely what you were saying, I suppose. I'm still seeing a lot of other Samsung apps telling me that the newer versions of them are there to download and update but are incompatible with my phone but maybe it'll work itself out like it did a minute ago with the Samsung Internet stock app.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463